10 Tips For Finding Love Again
Looking for 10 tips for finding love again? If you find yourself alone again, no matter what the reason, take heart. You do not need to spend the rest of your life alone and lonely. Check out these 10 tips so that when you find love again, you will be ready.
- Make sure to break the ties. If divorce is the reason you find yourself living alone, first be sure that all ties to your ex-spouse have been broken. This is difficult to do when small children are involved, but you should be at a point where the children are the only reason you see your ex, and perhaps you can arrange to visit with the children without any contact with your ex. It is not fair to expect yourself or any future love interest to have to compete with lingering feelings you may have for your ex.
- Take time to heal. Any time you are left alone again, be it by divorce or by death, you need to allow yourself time to heal the emotional wounds.
- Find and love yourself. Before you can move on and truly love another person, you must first find and love yourself. After a death, and certainly after a divorce, emotions will be raw and on the surface. You may not even know who you are anymore, especially if your last love was a long one. Finding out who you are again, without the input of your last partner, will go a long way toward making the next relationship more rewarding. You should also learn to love yourself, just as you are, before asking someone else to love you.
- Get involved with new people and new interests. This is part of learning who you are now and learning to love yourself. Join a group that interests you. Find a new hobby that you will enjoy, or join a club that practices a hobby that you have loved. When you make yourself open to new people and you get involved with new interests and hobbies, you allow yourself to grow and heal and have contact with other people who have like interests.
- Find ways to meet new friends. Try joining clubs, attending a new church or looking into internet dating sites. You have lots of options these days to help you meet people who will find you interesting.
- Begin to date again. When you meet someone you are interested in you can once again venture into the dating world. The world has certainly changed when it comes to dating these days but you should always keep in mind that you must be true to yourself and only do what is comfortable for you.
- Relax and enjoy the process. Once you begin dating, do not be in such a hurry to find "the one." Enjoy the dating process and take the time to really get to know your new friends.
- Decide on one special person. After a process of meeting and dating several people, decide on one person who shares your interests and loves.
Spend time with your new love. Take lots of time and effort to get to know the person you have chosen as your new love. Be sure that you are always honest with your new partner about who you are and the things you are interested in. Now is not the time to try to alter yourself to conform to what you think they may want. Be yourself.
- Commit yourself without reservation. If you have found a special person and have spent sufficient time getting to know each other, then commit yourself to that new person without question or reservation. True love can only be found and shared when you are willing to give of yourself entirely without baggage from a former relationship and without questions about your future together.