10 Tips For Handling Rejection
Sadly, rejection is a part of life so here's 10 tips for handling rejection. Using these tips your life won’t be perfect, but you will be able to handle rejection with a smile and move on to the next best thing.
- Fit. Realize that maybe it wasn’t a good fit. Whoever made the decision to reject you just realized it was a bad fit before you realized it.
- Learn. Look at the rejection from the perspective of a neutral party. What can you learn from the situation? Were you rejected because you didn’t wear the right thing? If so, next time dress appropriately.
- Look in the mirror. Take an honest look at yourself. What can you improve that will avoid future rejections?
- Work out. Rejection can be stressful. Put on your sneakers and go for a run. Hit the gym and play a pickup game of basketball. Working out will release natural endorphins to boost your mood.
- Journal. Write down how you feel. This will help you work through your thoughts. You may want to write a letter to the person who rejected you as a cleansing exercise. Remember not to send that letter.
- Talk about it. Find a friend you can trust and talk to them about your rejection. They can help you put it into proper perspective. Your friend probably has dealt with rejection too, and can give you some ideas on how things turned out for them in the long run.
- It’s not you. There are tons of reason why you might get rejected. It might not be about you, it might be about the person on the other side and what they’re going through. Don’t tie your self esteem to whether or not someone rejects you.
- Renovate. If you get rejected several times for the same reason, it’s time to make some changes. The same haircut that worked for you in high school may not work when you’re in your thirties.
- Distraction. Now that you’ve spent some time trying to figure out what went wrong, stop focusing on it. Go to your local sports bar and watch a game. Talk to other people about your local teams and focus on building a team spirit. At the end of the game you might not remember your rejection.
- Try again. When you want something you need to work for it. If you get rejected for one job, apply for a different job and eventually you will find something. If one woman doesn’t want to date you, there is another woman out there who would love to go to dinner with you.
Remember these tips the next time you experience rejection. No one gets everything they want in life. A little bit of rejection helps you to appreciate all the wonderful things that you do have. Good Luck.