For webmasters interested in increasing their Search Engine Optimization (SEO), or ranking, here are 10 tips on how to increase Google page rank to help you do just that. The digital age with nanosecond technology created a public craving instant gratification to find what they want and find it fast using search engines. PageRank™ is a registered trademark of Google, a patented algorithm to determine which pages are important using 500 million variables and 2 billion terms to determine the page rank according to the search results. The definition of the perfect search engine is according to Google co-founder Larry Page, “a perfect search engine [that] understands exactly what you mean and gives you back exactly what you want."
Ten tips on how to increase Google page rank:
- Keywords. The words used when searching for something on the internet. Keywords used in the title and in body tags provide a higher page rank. Use less competitive keywords to increase Google page rank.
- Metatag myths. In the beginning web crawlers relied on metatags for search results to determine the page rank. However webmasters manipulated the metatags by stuffing them with keywords. Google’s search engine algorithms now use page content and other variables over metatags to determine importance for establishing a page rank.
- Outbound Links. Provide outbound links on your site to other quality sites. Quality over quantity provides the best results to increase your Google page rank..
- Page Content. Keep it fresh, focused and on topic. Use a spell checker to avoid negative points instead of helping you to increase your Google page rank. Web crawlers do not like misspelled words.
- Google sitemaps. Create a sitemaps.xml file with the free Google sitemap tool. It views and diagnoses problems of how Google crawls the site and indexes it. The tool lists any links to your page, analyzes the query results, and determines how users arrived at your site. The tool also provides information and frequency of changes to your site which increase your Google page rank.
- View the competition. Do a Google search using possible keywords. Use the URLs of the top sites and search again using "link: yoursite.com" for sites that link to the highly ranked sites. (Don’t forget to use a space after the colon.) Get your site listed on the referring sites, which will help significantly to increase your Google page rank.
- Crosslinking. Including links to other pages within your site will boost your page rank tremendously.
- Analyze traffic. Use the Google sitemap tool and read logs to help with increasing your Google page rank. Analyze top referrals and the keywords used to find your site. New keywords not previously used can be a bonus.
- Publish articles. Write content for other sites with relevant information. Another way to increase your Google page rank is to Include links back to your site in these articles. Avoid duplicate content, it reflects negatively on your ranking.
In less than half second information from a search query travels to the Google web server, then on to an index server to look for the keywords. The indexed information travels the information highway to a document server that compiles a snapshot of your site’s contents that appears on the search results back at the Google user’s computer. Make your nanosecond count; design your site using these 10 tips on how to increase your Google page rank so the search results make your site come out on top.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...