10 Tips For Kayaking Ohio
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about these 10 tips for kayaking Ohio. For best results, be sure to scope out the area you will be kayaking in ahead of time in order to get an idea of the terrain and difficulty level.
- Pack the right kinds of clothes which are appropriate for Ohio. This is very important to ensure optimal results. Watch the weather channel for a few days to determine if it will be raining, sunny, or freezing. Be sure to pack appropriately.
- Visit the location in Ohio before actually kayaking. This will help you to determine if you are skilled enough to kayak the particular area. If you are not able to visit it in person, find as many online photos of the area as possible.
- Check your kayak. This is essential for safety purposes. Make sure that your kayak is in proper working order in order to prevent injury, or even possible death.
- Let someone know where you will be kayaking in Ohio. In case of emergency, at least someone will have an idea of where you were going.
- Bring food to Ohio. As with most kayak trips, you never know when you will have the opportunity to grab a quick bite. Pack a cooler with sturdy foods that can survive a kayaking trip.
- Wear a life-vest. This one should be a no-brainer. A life-vest can prevent drowning, a common cause of death among kayakers.
- Carry a first-aid kit. This one goes along with number six. Make sure the first-aid kit has everything from band-aids to matches and even a sharp, clean knife. You never know when you'll need it!
- Bring a cell phone. This not only allows people to get ahold of you if the need arises, but also gives you a way to contact help in the event of an emergency. Make sure the phone is fully charged.
- Bring a helmet. A helmet is practically an essential piece of equipment these days when it comes to kayaking. Make sure yours is sturdy and fits you properly in order to achieve optimal results.
- Have fun! This is what kayaking in Ohio is all about.
Posted on: Oct. 19, 2010