The idea of making love for the first time can be extremely nerve-wracking and daunting. If your partner is also a virgin, you will both be facing similar stresses. Whether you are both making love for the first time, or only one of you is a virgin, following some simple tips can relieve some worry and make the experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Talk about it beforehand. No matter what, you will probably be nervous when making love for the first time. You can shake some of your inhibitions away by talking about sex with your partner before the first time.
- Keep your expectations low. For guys, the first time will often be short and sweet. A woman should keep in mind that she will probably not orgasm the first time she has sex. Just remember that with practice, sex will become an enjoyable experience for both partners.
- Prepare for it. Decide where to have sex for the first time. Be sure you have condoms and any other form of birth control you may want to use.
- Set the mood. Having sex in a romantic setting for the first time will relieve some tensions and make the experience more enjoyable. Put on relaxing music and keep the lights low. Discuss ways to set the mood before the big moment.
- Spend lots of time on foreplay. Work your way up to intercourse. Spend as much time as necessary warming each other up with things like kissing, oral sex and sensual massage. This not only puts you and your partner in the mood, but helps create the lubrication necessary for making love for the first time.
- Choose lubricated condoms or bring lube. Sex without lubrication can be painful. Women naturally experience pain the first time anyway, so using lubrication can help prevent unnecessary pain when making love for the first time.
- Go slow during penetration. Listen to your partner as you ease your way in. Follow her cues, as you want to try to make it as enjoyable as possible for her. While first time sex may not be mind-blowing, you should take all steps to assure it is not traumatizing. It may be necessary to go slow the entire time.
- Don’t stress over lasting a long time. Rarely is making love for the first time a marathon. As long as you and your partner discuss this beforehand, it’s not worth worrying about.
- Don’t worry about positions. Having sex for the first time is stressful enough. You may not realize that you’ll worry about issues as small as where to place your hands, legs or other limbs. Moving around too much can be distracting.
- Talk about it afterward. After removing the condom, spend time kissing and talking to each other. Avoid any criticisms, even if it is constructive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.