10 Tips For Overcoming Sex Addiction
Looking for 10 tips for overcoming sex addiction? With so many hot women on the front pages of magazines it is no wonder that sex addiction has become a real problem. It is hard for men to ignore thoughts of boobs and sexy legs, but the ten tips for overcoming sex addiction are a cheaper alternative to expensive rehab clinics.
- "Physically Demanding Job." Men who sit at a desk all day have plenty of excess energy with which to pursue women, but men who work physically demanding jobs have much less energy. A great tip for overcoming sex addiction is to get a job cracking rocks in the desert or some work as a coal miner.
- "Go To The Woods." One great tip for overcoming temptation is to remove yourself from the tempting environment. A few months camping in the woods or a stint living in a remote lighthouse forces men to adapt to life without sexual contact.
- "Go To Church." Men who think of nothing but sex could benefit from some time at church. If they volunteer to become a reader at church, it will put them in the spotlight and make it very hard for them to stray. Churchgoers will keep them on the straight and narrow.
- "Find A New Addiction." Sometimes it is hard to quit something without having a replacement addiction lined up, so men who need to slow down their sex lives need to find another indulgence. Addictions come in many forms: caffeine, chocolate, cigarettes and even going on the internet.
- "Look at Porn." Porn often encourages sex addiction, but a top ten tip for overcoming sex addiction is to look at porn that does not sexually excite you. Straight men will find homosexual porn a turn off while other men may be turned off by porn featuring elderly women or obese people.
- "Get a Tattoo." One of the best tips for overcoming sex addiction is getting a warning sign put on yourself in the form of a tattoo. If you are about to have sex with a woman, she will probably think twice if you disrobe and reveal a tattoo across your groin that says "sex addict."
- "Yoga." Yoga is a great aid for sex addiction because it relaxes the mind and the body. When you feel the need to procreate, if you meditate and do some breathing exercises, it will slow your pulse and help you to manage your body's impulses better.
- "Deprivation." If women are too much of a temptation, then deprive yourself of other things every time you indulge yourself sexually. If you do not allow yourself to drink beer, watch TV or play golf for a week after every sexual encounter it will force you to rethink your priorities.
- "Join A Support Group." There are support groups for addicts and one of the best tips for overcoming sex addiction is to join one. Try to join a male only group because being in close quarters with female sex addicts could be a recipe for disaster.
- "An Intervention." Call your parents and grandparents and explain your problem and ask them to come to your house and help you go cold turkey during an intervention. This is a great tip for overcoming sex addiction because few people would be bold enough to explain to their Gran that they intend to sneak out and have sex.