Use these 10 tips for planning a New Year's Eve wedding to help ensure a successful event. Getting married is a time of celebration and sharing your love as a couple with friends and family. What better time to start a new life than on the eve of a new year.
- Get the hall first. The first tip for planning a New Year's Eve wedding is to call halls and banquet centers as soon as you set your date. These rental spots sometimes book years in advance for the popular holiday and your choices may be limited.
- Send invitations as early as possible. Next on the list of tips for planning a New Year's Eve wedding is to invite people as early as possible. People plan months ahead of times for the holidays. Letting them know as soon as possible will ensure they can plan to attend without breaking prior commitments.
- Stay local. Another tip for planning a New Year's Eve wedding is to plan your wedding locally. Many people will be spending the holidays at home with family. Travel at this time of the year is also very expensive.
- Use holiday colors. Stick with the holiday theme. Reds and greens fit well with the season and will be readily available from vendors.
- Make it late. Plan the time of your wedding and reception to coincide with the coming of the new year. This will ensure that guests do not hurry away to catch the celebration at other venues.
- Keep a party atmosphere. Another of the tips for planning a New Year's Eve wedding is to offer guests a party atmosphere. The stale, somber wedding speeches will bore guests who are looking forward to the midnight celebration.
- Party favors. While not traditional, take this tip for planning a New Year's Eve wedding and offer your guests party favors. Hats, noise makers and pins are appropriate.
- Count down. A list of tips for planning a New Year's Eve wedding would not be complete without a reminder to plan a countdown to midnight. Talk to your Disc Jockey or band well ahead of time about calling out the count for guests.
- Champagne. On the list of tips for planning a New Year's Eve wedding, none may be more important than offering Champagne or a similar product to your guests. The traditional drink is needed for toasting at midnight.
- Slip away. Instead of making a big deal out of your getaway, sneak out. This entry on the list of tips for planning a New Year's Eve wedding will allow your guests to continue on with the party without feeling the need to say goodnight as soon as the bride and groom leave.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …