10 Tips On Playing Craps
Craps is one of the most fun games on the casino floor, and by following these ten tips on playing craps, the game could potentially be profitable as well. Although craps looks intimidating to onlookers, by following some simple tips on playing craps, the game actually becomes quite simple.
- Watch the table: Craps is a very interactive game, and when everyone is winning, it is the most fun game in the house. Feel out each table before playing. If you hear a lot of cheering coming from one table and there are still open spots, get over there!
- Learn at an uncrowded table: Since craps can be complicated, you don’t want to hold everyone up by making stupid moves. Daytime and very late-night hours are your best bet for finding an uncrowded table.
- Ask the dealer: Don’t be afraid to ask the dealers for a bit of help. They can offer far better tips on playing craps than almost anyone else. Don’t forget to tip the dealers when you win. They will be a lot freer with their advice.
- Bet the Pass line or Don’t Pass: You won’t be able to place many bets without placing this initial bet.
- Take the odds: Many people consider this bet to be the best bet in the whole casino. This may be the best tip on playing craps around because the house does not have an edge on an odds bet. To place this bet, simply place your desired amount behind the pass line (provided you placed a pass line bet) after the point has been established.
- Avoid prop bets: All the bets in the middle of the table (hardways horn, etc) pay great odds, but they pay great odds for a reason. Don’t make any bets here that you can’t afford to lose.
- Come don’t come: These bets also have great odds.
- Look for good table odds: Table odds have a wide range. Most are between 2x and 4x, but they can climb much higher. Finding good table odds will make playing craps much more enjoyable.
- Play the 6 and 8: These place bets are great ways to make quick money. If the point is on another number, make moderate bets on both the 6 and the 8. This is one of the simplest and most effective tips on playing craps.
Avoid cold streaks: This may seem like superstition, but for whatever reason, tables do seem to go cold. Get out if you see this happening. Listening to your gut is actually a very effective tip for playing craps.