If you are planning a diving trip to Puerto Rico, our list of 10 tips for Puerto Rico scuba diving can make your trip even better. Check out the tips below to find out the best sites for Puerto Rico scuba diving, important safety precautions and more:
- Puerto Rican scuba diving trips are a great option for US citizens because Puerto Rico is a US commonwealth. The US dollar is the official currency, and most Puerto Ricans speak English.
- Want to dive with dolphins? The Basslet Reef is one of your best bets. These water-loving mammals visit the area in droves in the spring.
- Condado Reef is a great site for night dives. Make sure that you scout out the area during the day first, though, to make sure you are familiar with it. A little preparedness makes for a safer and more enjoyable dive.
- Mona Island has the cleanest waters for Puerto Rico scuba diving. The island is 40 miles of the coast of Puerto Rico to the west. Check out a variety of wildlife that is like what you'd find in the Galapagos.
- If you are staying in San Juan, a good tip for Puerto Rico scuba diving is to try beach diving in the Condado district. This way, you are close enough to other attractions so that anyone in your party who does not want to dive can take in the city sights.
- Study up on large animal migrations. Many animals like sea turtles and marlins go near Mona Island during their migrations.
- If you like cave diving, head to the Humacao region. Diving The Cracks exposes you to underwater valleys, caverns and boulders. Area wildlife includes many lobsters and goby cleaning stations.
- Dive off the Farjado to see a wide array of varieties of coral. The water is exceptionally clear, and visibility goes as far as 50 feet.
- Condado Reef also gives you great access to dramatic lava reefs. There are many dramatic formations to enjoy.
- One tip for Puerto Rica scuba diving that can get your diving vacation off to a quicker start: before you go, do the online portion of the PDAI Open Water certification. This way, you do not need to invest as much time in instruction once you arrive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.