10 Tips Road Racing Cycling
These are the 10 tips road racing cycling that you have been waiting for. Road racing and cycling is a bicycle sport of dedication and determination. Some of the best tips for this sport follow.
- Carry Water. This is an oldie but goodie in just about any aerobic sport. Water will help you replenish yourself and keep your body functioning to its maximum potential.
- Never hang back too long. This is the golden rule of cycling. Hanging back and waiting too long to make your move can allow the leader to be too far out in front. If you want tips on this, watch Lance Armstrong. He never spends much time in the pack. This is another critical one of the 10 tips road racing cycling.
- When you won an earlier leg of the race use it to your advantage. You can watch the cycling greats here again. When they are ahead on time in earlier legs of the race, they relax a bit and enjoy the shorter legs without losing too much time.
- Use hills to your advantage. This is more of a common sense practice than a learned behavior, going downhill allows you to relax a bit will keeping your speed up. Use hills to reduce your muscle burden when appropriate.
- Don’t burn yourself out going uphill. This is the reverse of item four. You can kill yourself racing uphill. You need to pace yourself in dealing with hills.
- Don’t get in an accident in the pack. This one makes the cameramen happy, but it can destroy any chance you have of winning the race. Getting tangled up in a big accident with other bikers is a nightmare. You lose time and you have to get up, clear the other bikers and start pedaling again. This is the most threatening aspect of being in the pack.
- Leading is a mentality not a position. To lead you need to understand that you deserve to be upfront and desperately want to stay upfront. Only a strong mind will allow to you stay the leader.
- Get moral support. Consider your support from a spouse, family or friend to be gold. Racing in not easy. You need to understand the purpose of racing, why you are doing this and how you feel it will benefit all those around you.
- Clear your mind. This is the ideal situation for performing your best. You need to get all the junk of your day out of your mind and focus on the issue at hand.
- Don’t let the past haunt you. The best way to overcome past defeats is to forget them. When you climb onto the bike in a new race, you need to be reborn. Let the failures of the past haunt other people, but not you. This is the crown jewel of the 10 tips road racing cycling.
This completes our list of the 10 tips road racing cycling. These are wonderful tools to help you win and hang onto leads when you get out in front.