10 Tips For Travel In California
California has a lot to offer but there are 10 tips for travel in California that you should keep in mind. From Southern California to Northern California you can experience an array of cultures. To get the best out of your California experience you should prepare for it. California is a family friendly state and can be a lot of fun if you follow these tips for travel in California.
- Make your own lunch. Amusement parks in California are known for gauging tourists for money. Lunch for a family of four at an amusement park can easily cost anywhere from $30 and up. You can easily visit a grocery store and buy materials to make your own lunch, breakfast, and dinner for $30 or more.
- Rent a Car. California is a huge state so if you are planning on traveling from one end to the next it is best that you invest in car rental. Places like Hertz and Avis offer great deals on car rentals.
- Take the bus not a taxi. Southern California, specifically the L.A. County area is know for having a killer transportation system. You will save yourself a ton of money if you invest in a day pass instead of taking a taxi.
- Buy a disposable camera. It is always easier to have fun when you aren't worrying about the expensive items that you have with you. Bringing your $700 camera along with you to the Kodak theater, La Brea tar pits, Seaworld, or any other attraction is not the best thing to do.
- Wear skincare protection. If you are traveling to California during the summer it can get really hot so having something that can protect your from the sun will really benefit you. If you do not want to wear sunscreen you can wear a hat instead.
- Go to local restaurants instead of a California Pizza Kitchen. California is a melting pot within a melting pot. You can expect to find almost any type of culture in it. To have a complete experience opt for a more local low key dinning environment instead of going to the first big name restaurant you see.
- Try and stay away from malls. Malls are somewhat universal. For the most part Macy's can be found in most states. So going to California and going to a Macy's to buy a shirt does not make you anymore special than the next guy who got his from the Macy's in Nevada and so and so forth.
- Listen to your gut. Some people enjoy the thrill of going to new places even if that new place looks awfully sketchy. You do not want this trip to turn into a disaster so listen to your gut and stay away from places that you think may be trouble.
- Release all judgement. Try not to prejudge people or places and do not go off of stereotypes. You may miss out on a unique experience because you could not get it together. Obviously you need some judgement so you can tell between what seems right and what seems wrong.
- Go everywhere you want to go and not everywhere people tell you to go. There is always a case that you want to go somewhere but you were told that some other places is better, just stick to your original plan.
Traveling can be a unique experience and once you follow these tips for travel in California you will have a great time.