10 Tips For Trying To Save A Relationship
There are 10 tips for trying to save a relationship that have the power to pull back an almost-over romantic liaison from the brink of a breakup. The question you must ask yourself is as difficult as swallowing your pride and using any of these tips. But, you have to ask: Is she really worth it?
- Apologize for causing offense or pain. It does not matter if you actually intended to harm the other person or did something that caused verifiable pain. Instead, consider that a thoughtless work or act caused distressed, which merits an apology.
- “If” has no place in an apology. A common mistake made when apologizing is the use of “if,” as in “I apologize if I hurt you.” She’s crying or upset; there is no “if” involved.
- Do the things you did at first. Among the ten tips for trying to save a relationship, none is as important as getting back to that infatuation phase when each and every date brought with it some excitement. If your girl’s eyes are starting to roam, the odds are good that the magic is gone. Rekindle it!
- Thoughtful acts get noticed. A bouquet of flowers sent to her office, an “I’m just thinking of you” email and a call just to say goodnight are little gestures that reap huge rewards.
- Evaluate your priorities. If you are chained to your desk at work and barely make any time for your significant other, why bother having one in the first place? If the relationship is worth saving and the girl is worth holding on to, revamp your priorities.
- Infuse transparency. Men who play their cards close to the vest sooner or later exasperate their mates. Always wondering where the relationship is going, what he is feeling and whether there might be someone else catching his eye, women eventually consider moving on. If you fall into the category of the strong silent type, then this one of the ten tips for trying to save a relationship is for you! Open up to your mate.
- Hold hands. You might be surprised to learn just how quickly this little sign of connectedness goes by the wayside. If you find your girl slipping away from you, enhance your (appropriate) physical touch while out and about.
- Talk about your feelings. Although this bit of advice might turn the ten tips for trying to save a relationship into a session comparable to having your wisdom teeth pulled, it is crucial to freely share what your mate means to you.
- Get away. Sweep your lady off her feet by planning and booking a getaway trip.
- Give her a ring and a date. Tread lightly with this one and only propose marriage if you are really sure that this lady is the one with whom you want to grow old! Some women do not have the patience that Britain’s Prince William’s main squeeze evidenced (she waited eight long years for a ring and a date).
While these ten tips for trying to save a relationship will undoubtedly take your significant other by surprise, be sure to only pursue the relationship if it is truly worth it. Do not hold onto a gal pal just for the sake of a joint history or time investment.