10 Tips For Younger Guys Dating Older Women
Here are 10 tips for younger guys dating older women. Dating older women can be a very enjoyable experience. Because women, on average, mature faster than men, a lot of the dating issues you find with women your own age can be avoided. This doesn't mean that women in a different age bracket don't offer a whole different set of issues to deal with.
- Don't be childish. The dating game is just that--a game. The problem is, the game changes the older you get. Dating older women means that the interactions you have will naturally be different than those with a mid-twenty-something girl. An older woman has probably been through issues that you're brand new to. She won't want to deal with the petty crap you can normally get away with with a younger girl.
- Know where you're going. Dating older women means dealing with someone who is either already established in the world or closer to that goal than you. She'll be looking at you to see where you're trying to go in life. You better have a plan. Selling her pipe dreams like "baby I'll buy you a home one day" isn't going to work. You should be able to show significant progress with your career as well as any other areas of personal growth.
- She knows what she wants. An established woman knows what she wants. If your relationship begins to grow into something serious, you better know what you want, too. If she's ready for real commitment and you're taking too long to settle down, she'll extra point your butt out the door.
- She's set in her ways. Don't think you can come in and start running your young guy game on her. She's been through all that, and she'll be able to tell if you're being genuine or not. So if you decide to date an older woman, realize she's likely more experienced than you in the relationship category.
- It's the same with all of them. Relationships that is. If you want it to work, compromise and communication are definitely needed. She needs to know where you're coming from and vice versa. This never changes, no matter how old you get.
- Girls still want to have fun. Dating older women doesn't necessarily mean you'll be stuck in the house. She still wants to go out and experience life with you.
- Enjoy your boy toy status. She may be dating you because she wants to feel younger again. Who are you to deny her the experience? In order to successfully date this older woman, make her feel as if she's your age.
- Learn from her. If she's using you to feel young, there's nothing wrong with using her for her knowledge. She can give you a deeper understanding of the female psyche. You can also gain a great deal of sexual experience from her. Treat her like your own personal library, just in case it doesn't last. You'll be able to take this info to the next girl.
- A woman is a woman. While she may not get upset over the same trivial crap a younger girl may obsess over, it doesn't give you the green light to ignore her or neglect her feelings. Although you're dating older women, don't forget that they all need certain things to keep them happy in a relationship.
- Don't assume that she is innocent. If older women are more experienced in the game, it doesn't mean they are tired of playing it. As a matter of fact, they can be down right vicious. She could be playing you from point A, making you think you have some sort of control. In actuality, she's got you jumping through each and every one of her hoops. Sounds fun right?
Dating an older woman can be fascinating. It can be fulfilling. The question is, can you handle her?