Using these 10 track and field running tips can improve your chances of winning. Whether working on the decathlon, jumping hurdles or running the mile, certain exercises and techniques will assist in training. Put these tips into action for improving your game.
- Stretching. Before practice or meets, always do full body stretches. Focus mainly on the legs and arms, but include the neck, back and abdominal muscles. Use this track and field running tip to help prevent injuries.
- Relaxation. Relaxation through quiet time or meditation helps put the focus on the task at hand. This relaxation can assist in avoiding injury as it relieves tension. Use this track and field running tip just prior to meets.
- Toe lifts. Build the calves to assist in speed by performing multiple sets of toe lifts. Plant feet flatly and raise the body up on the toes. Repeat this track and field running tip 10-20 times daily.
- Stairs. Stairs provide a unique type of resistance training. The process of this track and field running tip makes all the leg muscles work harder and helps a runner move quicker on flat surfaces. Incorporate this track and field running tip at least once weekly.
- Bursts. Getting off the starting line first makes a big difference in the outcome of a race. Practice take-offs and standing bursts of speed. Incorporate this track and field running tip into regular training by slowing and then pushing off as hard as possible to reach maximum speed.
- Knee lifts. Raise the knees to hip level in a running motion. Incorporate this track and field running tip into regular running and jogging exercises.
- Butt slapping. Kicking the butt with the heels while running loosens the ligaments in the legs. This track and field running tip helps avoid injuries.
- Weighted runs. To build extra lean muscles, take this track and field running tip and add ankle and wrist weights to your daily running. The added weight adds resistance and quickens the runner's natural speed when removed.
- Aerobics. Build endurance by taking an aerobics class. The addition of the exercises increase your breathing techniques and builds lean muscle mass. Take this track and field running tip and share it with teammates.
- Step variations. The length of a runner's stride affects his speed. Consult with a professional about about this track and field running tip for shortening or lengthening your steps to increase your speed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …