10 Unique Date Ideas
Impress your date with one of these 10 unique date ideas. Heading to a movie is so boring, and dinner dates often end in disaster. When you spend a bit of time planning a unique date, you'll bond with your date and may be more likely to land a second or even third date.
- Mountain or wall climbing. It's certainly not for everyone, but rock climbing is certainly one of several unique date ideas. If the nearest mountains are hours away, head to a local rock gym and climb the indoor walls there. You may even be able to receive some instruction before climbing at the local gym.
- Tour a local brewery. If you both turn out to be beer fanatics, another unique date idea is a tour of your local brewery. Even if the tour proves to be boring, at least you'll get to sample free beer.
- Take a day trip. You can head to a nearby city, the beach or a quaint small town nearby. For a truly unique date, pick a place that is charming but that other tourists may be less likely to visit.
- Learn a language together. Language learning is easier when you have someone to actually converse with outside of class. Sign up for a non-credit class at a local college or community center. After class each week, head out to a local restaurant that serves food that corresponds to the language you're learning.
- Go boating. If you live along a river, you may be able to take a boat tour during the warmer months. Other unique boat related date ideas include canoeing, paddle boats and white water rafting.
- Head to a flea market together. You'll get to spend the day outside, wandering from table to table and you may even find something you love and never knew you needed before. A flea market date also gives you the chance to buy your date a little trinket or present.
- Bike or hike together. Another unique date idea is heading to a local trail for a bike ride or hike. You'll get to explore nature together. Remember to wear sunscreen, bug spray and your helmet if biking.
- Volunteer together. Spend quality time together while improving the quality of other's lives by volunteering at a food bank, soup kitchen or local animal shelter.
- Visit an arcade. Spend an evening revisiting your childhood by playing classic games such as Skeeball and Pacman as well as newer arcade games. Visit an arcade that gives you tickets to save up for a silly stuffed animal or other prize at the end of the night.
- Perform at an open mic. If you sing, write poems or have a comedic routine, show off your stuff at an open mic. You and your date can also simply attend the open mic and take in the talents of others in your community.