10 Valentine's Day Date Ideas For Couples
Valentine’s Day date ideas for couples need to be romantic, exciting and over the top. Just because you’ve been together for a long time doesn’t mean you can buy your sweetheart chocolates and call it a night. Make this Valentine’s Day something special.
- Make her dinner at home. Instead of eating at a cramped bistro fix a romantic meal at home. Your best china, lace tablecloths and candlelight are a must as well as romantic background music. Dressing up is mandatory too. If you can cook all the better. If not pick something up from a nice restaurant.
- Kidnap your valentine. Rent a room at a nice hotel but don’t tell your sweetheart. Instead pick her up from work and blindfold her. Take your captive to your suite and torture her with champagne, chocolates, and room service.
- Go camping. Forget the outdoor adventures you have with your friends. Pack wine not beer and instead of ghost stories around the campfire, tell her about the first time you realized she was the girl for you. After making smores zip your sleeping bags together and do whatever you can to keep warm.
- Snuggle up at an ice cream parlor. Grab floats or milkshakes at the local ice cream shop after dinner. Yes it’s cutesy but come on, it’s Valentines Day.
- Visit a sex shop. Couple dates don’t have to be tame. If your girlfriend has a wild streak take her to the local sex shop. Pick out a sexually charged board game or nice piece of lingerie together. Complete the night by trying out your new wares.
- Take her dancing. If you don’t like dancing just suck it up. You’ll win a lot of points with this one. Don’t worry if you have two left feet either. Your valentine will think you’re cute for trying.
- Make out at lover’s lane. Go ahead and act like a couple of teenagers. Head back to your old make out spot and check out the view like you did when you were kids.
- Take a train. Ride the rails to a nearby town. Cap off the day sightseeing or enjoying a picnic with your date.
- Enjoy dinner and a show. She what’s playing at the local theater and upgrade the traditional dinner-and-a-movie date to dinner and a show. There’s just something romantic about watching a play. If you want your own private curtain call don’t forget to present your leading lady with long-stemmed roses after the performance.
- Take a boat ride. This Valentine’s Day take your sweetheart to the nearest river, lake or ocean and enjoy a little time on the water. Paddle your girlfriend around in a tiny boat or buy tickets on a giant yacht. Both extremes and just about everything in between will make her swoon.