10 Valentine's Day Date Ideas: NYC
New York's many charms have been immortalized in romantic comedies and sitcoms, but what do you do if you don't want to take your date somewhere she's seen on screen a thousand times? Try somewhere unique and yet still romantic, of course.
- The Guggenheim Museum: This museum is as modern and sexy as it gets. The works on display will stimulate great conversation and your date will be impressed by your interest in culture.
- Chelsea Market: Not only does it have cool restaurants like Budakan, but you can also pick out flowers, chocolates and wines together at some of the great stores.
- Sweet stops: Indulge in the sweet aspects of Valentine's Day by going to Dylan's Candy Bar or the Ice Cream Factory in Brooklyn.
- Museum of Sex: For a long-term couple exploring this place and having a romantic dinner after are a great way to spice things up.
- Chelsea Piers: You can play golf, ice skate, climb, or work out and have a meal at this West Side landmark.
- Make Studios: Paint some pottery for each other at Make Studios so you'll always have a memento of this Valentine's Day.
- Little Odessa: This neighborhood in Brooklyn has great Russian restaurants and stores, as well as a boardwalk for a romantic walk along the beach.
- Grace Services: Get a couples massage at this clean and classy place.
- St. Ann's Warehouse: This performance space in Brooklyn showcases eclectic plays and is perfect for a unique twist on the typical "dinner and a show" date.
- Manhattan Table Tennis: Instead of getting all dressed up, relax and play this childhood favorite together.