If you are desirous of making a choice from ten warm places to travel in October, here are some ideas for destinations all over the world. It is quite possible to enjoy warmth along with celebrating a special occasion such as a honeymoon, special anniversary, or family reunion,
- Hot Springs, Arkansas, is one of the most popular holiday travel destinations. Its Hot Springs National Park was the first protected area in the history of the nation with its thermal waters, beautiful hiking trails in the Ouachita Mountains, spectacular architecture, Fordyce Bathhouse, and Hot Springs spa. Downtown Hot Springs has historic sites with Victorian architecture, art studios, antique shops, and boutiques.
- Daytona Beach, Florida, is well known for its superb beaches as well as sports events. For instance, Biketoberfest in October attracts thousands of bike riders to its award-winning international festival over an extended weekend.
- The United States state of Vermont has dense forests that become spectacularly colorful in September and October and draw travelers from as much as thousands of miles away who want to see this perfect postcard image of American autumn. The Green Mountain National Forest and Lake Champlain are well worth viewing, also.
- Cascais, in Portugal only 20 minutes north of Lisbon, not only has magnificent beaches that draw surfers from far and wide but is also a sporting and gaming paradise and has a world-class golf course.
- Seoul, Korea's capital, has been named World Design Capital 2010. That draws exhibitions, new projects, and approximately three million traveling visitors for its annual Seoul Design Fair held from September 17 to October 17.
- Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur in India are known as the "Golden Triangle". You can take a horse-carriage ride to the Taj Mahal in Agra, a cycle rickshaw ride around Old Delhi, and attend a gem therapy and cooking demonstration and also see the Amber Fort in Jaipur. If you travel there at the end of the monsoon season in October, everything is green and beautiful.
- Argentina in South America has many beautiful and interesting holiday travel destinations. September to October is the best time to visit the Valdes Peninsula in order to see baby whales. It is also the seal breeding season. June to November is the whale watching period, which is quite an experience.
- Buenos Aires, also in Argentina, is the cosmopolitan capital city that has some of Argentina's best food, especially steaks. It is also rich in culture and is very family friendly. Northeast of Buenos Aires is Mendoza, Argentina's main wine growing region, which also has amazing mountain scenery.
- Montenegro, known as "the pearl of the Mediterranean," is on the Adriatic Sea. It has warm and pleasant weather in October as well as clear lakes, magnificent mountains, clean air, and also much history and culture. Another point in its favor is that it is much cheaper to visit there than many other places.
- Cyprus, another Mediterranean island, allows sun bathing, swimming, and other beach and outdoor activities even in October although the evenings get cooler, especially later in the month. There are historical and archeological places to explore and cultural events such as the annual "Kypria" international festival of arts. You can enjoy a camel caravan ride in Larnaca. The food here is extremely healthy with plenty of fish and vegetables.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
7 Awesome, Whimsical Pool Party Toys
These fun, buoyant items are sure to make a splash. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.