10 Weight Loss Diet Tips
You could be just 10 weight loss diet tips away from reaching your goal weight. It wasn't hard to pack on the pounds, and it doesn't have to be hard to take them off. Small changes in your can go a long way, and help you reach your weight loss goals faster.
- Cut down on the junk food. If you have a sweet tooth or love salty snacks, this may be one of the harder weight loss diet tips to follow. However, it's imperative. Instead of breaking out the cookies, try eating a red hot jaw breaker to crave your sweet tooth, and trade in the chips for some popcorn.
- Eat more protein. Eating protein with every meal is critical to losing weight. However, you should try to stick with lean meats, eggs, fish or poultry. This way you are keeping the fat content down as well. Consuming the protein on your plate first will fill you up faster and make you feel full longer.
- Cut down the carbs. There are good carbohydrates and bad carbohydrates. The problem with bad carbs, like pasta, bread and potatoes, is that your body digests them quickly and you are hungry not long after you ate. Whole wheat and whole grains are good carbs. They will give your body the nutrients that it needs without turning to fat.
- Eat smaller portions. This may sound like one of the harder weight loss diet tips to master, but it doesn't have to be. Instead of stressing over your portions, simply eat your meals on a smaller plate. This will trick your mind into believing you are consuming the same amount of food as you always do.
- Eat slower. It takes time for your stomach to signal your brain that you're full. This is why people who eat fast often seem to over eat. If you have a habit of inhaling your food, try putting your fork down when you take a bit and count to 30 as you chew.
- Don't eat at night. For those who love to snack in front of the TV, this can be one of the harder weight loss diet tips to follow. Since your body's metabolism naturally slows at night, it's best to cut out the evening snacks altogether. However, if this is something you can't stick to, try snacks filled with protein, like a slice of cheese or a handful of nuts.
- Drink a lot of water. Not only does drinking water throughout the day get rid of the empty calories you get from drinking things like soda, but it also keeps your body hydrated properly. This will flush your system and cut down on excess water weight.
- Don't deprive your yourself. Everyone has foods they can't live without. Eliminating these foods completely can actually make you crave them more. Instead fill up on healthy food and then take a couple of bites of your comfort food to curb your craving.
- Keep healthy snacks handy. This isn't limited to having a bag of celery in the fridge. Get creative. Cook up some healthy snacks, like mini spinach quiches, and keep them handy to throw in the microwave when you need a quick meal.
- Think positive. Instead of thinking about all the foods you are cutting down on or eliminating, concentrate on all the good foods you can still eat.