Don’t let the cold keep you home, here are a few winter date ideas in Minneapolis that are sure to heat up the coldest Minnesota winter. It may be brutally cold, but there’s still plenty to do. The best dates provide a memorable and unique experience that you’ll remember long after the date is over.
- Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar in Uptown is a great option for a dinner date. Make a reservation at the restaurant where the menu is constantly changing, but always delicious. Take some time before or after to check out the wine bar.
- Escape the cold and sweep your date away to a tropical getaway. The Grand Rios Indoor Water Park is located in a Ramada in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. Yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like—an indoor water park complete with water slides, thrill rides, and a lazy river.
- Midtown Global Market is filled with unique finds. Including scarves from India and carved wooden bowls from Kenya. Wandering the aisles of international groceries allows you and your date to sample foods from around the world.
- The Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area may be small, but it’s also very close to the city and a great place for beginners. It’s a great place for an outdoorsy or adventure-seeking couple to spend the day.
- Ice skating is so stereotypically and nostalgically Minneapolis. Whether you’re both seasoned skaters, or make your way around the ice a couple times before settling down with some hot chocolate and sore knees, it’s sure to be a memorable trip. The Depot offers beautiful views of downtown Minneapolis.
- Visit the Minnesota Craft Brewer’s Winterfest to sample local beer and enjoy some great food and live music.
- See a show at the beautiful and historic Guthrie Theater, then bundle up and explore the Riverfront area.
- Check out a performance at ComedySportz in Uptown for a great night of interactive fun and laughs.
- Browsing the Minneapolis Institute of Arts makes for a great winter date. It’s a great first date option as the exhibits provide tons of natural conversation-starters. Bonus: admission is free, leaving you plenty of room in your budget for a nice dinner at one of the nearby restaurants (try Anemoni Sushi and Oyster Bar just around the corner).
- The Mall of America provides tons to do indoors. Besides the obvious shopping, there are restaurants, an aquarium, and an amusement park. If it goes well, you can come back to book a date at The Chapel of Love.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.