Some cities have no shortage of fun things to do even when the temperature drops and there are at least 10 Winter Date Ideas in Washington, DC that can’t go wrong. The city has great dining, a great nightlife and unique sights to see.
- National Arboretum – The arboretum is a vast expanse of greenery and trees. In the winter, the leaves are gone and a quiet, peaceful stillness falls over the acreage. The crowds are thinner and you and your sweetheart will have plenty of romantic moments together, surrounded by nature, after taking part in this winter date idea.
- The Hirshhorn – This is the Smithsonian’s modern art museum and features such great pieces as Big Man and Critter with Mobile Top. After exploring all three levels, pick up something quirky for your date from the gift shop and then grab a street dog for lunch out on Independence Avenue.
- The Nutcracker at the Washington Ballet – A great winter date idea is to take in that most classic of holiday traditions, The Nutcracker. Watch this in late December and both of you will get in the Christmas spirit (and maybe you’ll get more gifts!).
- Ice skating at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden – Every winter the fountain/pool in the sculpture garden freezes over and turns into an ice rink. Grab some hot chocolate and impress her with your triple salchow.
- American History Museum – This is a great winter date idea because this museum is typically swamped with tourists. Come winter, though, and you’ll find it virtually empty. Check out Dorothy’s slippers, Kermit the Frog, and lots of presidential memorabilia.
- Kennedy Center – This enormous structure on the Potomac is constantly showing a variety of performances. For a great winter date idea, surprise her with tickets, put on your best suit, and go fancy for a night.
- Walk through Georgetown – Georgetown is a very old neighborhood full of gorgeous, expensive colonial-era homes. Walk through here on a late-December evening and observe all the beautiful Christmas trees from the grand ballrooms that surround you.
- Lucky Strike and Clyde’s at Chinatown – For a great winter date idea, take your date to the popular hang out Clyde’s in Chinatown. After some chow, walk right on over to Lucky Strike and enjoy hip, upscale bowling. Hint: Let her win and you might roll a “strike” later.
- 1789 Restaurant – This elegant townhouse restaurant gets beautifully decked-out for the holidays and offers some of the best American fare in town. A few warnings – you’ll need a reservation, a lot of money, and a suit. The upside – she’ll no doubt be impressed, and hopefully let you know it.
- The Caps – The Washington Capitals play at Verizon Center, easily accessible via Metro and close to lots of dining in Penn Quarter. Don your red jerseys and get ready to cheer on some exciting ice hockey. Hint – if you don’t get tickets ahead of time, there are always scalpers working the street in front of the arena.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …