10 World's Most Expensive Cars
If you are seeking the top 10 world's most expensive cars, look no further, they don't get any more expensive than the prize pieces on this list. You may find that the world's most expensive car is the one and the only Bugatti Veyron with an unbeatable price of $1,700,000 and an unmatched top speed of 253 miles per hour, but there's many other expensive and luxurious cars that are most noteworthy of mention here as well, including the James Bond stylized Aston Martin Vanquish.
- Bugatti Veyron - $1,700,000. Meet the most expensive car on the planet. It's got power, a top speed of 253 miles per hour, a W16 engine, and it's a beauty. Built by Volkswagen in September of 2005, the Bugatti Veyron was named after the racing driver Pierre Veyron who raced for the initial Bugatti firm back in the 1930's.
- Ferrari Enzo - $1,000,000. Packed with a 12-cylinder engine, the Ferrari Enzo (also known as the Enzo Ferrari) takes advantage of Formula One technology which consists of a carbon-fiber structure, carbon-ceramic brake discs, as well as an F1 sequential shift transmission. Reaching up to speeds of 186 miles per hour, the Ferrari Enzo is the world's second most expensive car.
- Pagani Zonda C12-F - $741,000. With the ability to climb up to 60 miles per hour within a 3.2 second time-frame, the Pagani Zonda C12-F weighs a recorded 483 tons and it has the ability to brake from 186 miles per hour to 0.
- Koenigsegg CCX - $600,910. The Koenigsegg CCX (Competition Coupe X) contains a 100% aluminum 4700cm and DOHC 32-valve V8-stylized structure inspired by the Ford Modular engine, however, the CCX comes with dual Rotrex superchargers with a unique response system.
- Porsche Carrera GT - $484,000. Complete with a powerful and brand new 5.7 litre V10 engine, the Porsche Carrera GT can emit 612 SAE horsepower and jump from 0 to 62 miles per hour in less than four seconds, capable of reaching a maximum speed of 206 miles per hour.
- Mercedes SLR McLaren - $455,500. Containing an almighty and supercharged 5.5 litre 90 degree and dry sumped V8, this DaimlerChrysler and McLaren produced supercar can produce 626 horsepower. Many have been led to believe that the SLR is short for Sportlich, Leicht, and Rennsport.
- Maybach 62 - $385,250. After a failed attempt to buy out the Rolls-Royce and Bentley marque, DaimlerChrysler brought the Maybach into the world. The Maybach 62 is an extremely luxurious supercar has a dual turbo V12 that is akin to a Mercedes and can generate 550 horsepower.
- Rolls-Royce Phantom - $320,000. Launching in 2003 from Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, the Rolls-Royce Phantom was created under BMW's ownership with a V12 engine that can push this baby from 0 to 60 miles per hour within a time-frame of less than six seconds.
- Lamborghini Murcielago - $279,900. Created by Automobili Lamborghini SPA and Luc Donckerwolke, the Lamborghini Murcielago comes with a twin door and seat coupe and a 6.5 L engine which is capable of generating 640 bhp.
- Aston Martin Vanquish - $255,000. You may have seen this beauty in the 2002 James Bond film "Die Another Day," the Aston Martin Vanquish contains many elements you would find in a Bond film such as a camouflage embellishment. Other than that, the Vanquish is made with a 48-valve 60 degree V12 engine can produce 460 horsepower.