Though some people seem to think all Disney movies are magical and sweet, not all of the Disney classics can bring a smile to your face. The following films certainly qualify as the 10 worst Disney movies.
- "Pocahontas"–In the movie, you have a talking tree, cute and cuddly animals and a whip-smart hummingbird. Sounds like your typical Disney movie, right? Wrong. The premise of the movie focuses on the forbidden love between a Native American woman, Pocahontas, and an English explorer, John Smith. However, you never quite feel anything for either of them because they’re both boring. And really—what kid going to sing along with a song about killing savages?
- "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"–Adapting a classic French novel about a deformed man and making it into a kids movie just doesn’t seem to make sense. While the film follows the pathetic Quasimodo ringing the bells of Notre Dame day in and day out, facing never-ending abuse from his caretaker, you have to wonder to yourself—how is this an enjoyable kids movie?
- "The Aristocats"–If you want to watch a bunch of animated cats playing jazz music numbers and trying to stop their owner’s butler from stealing their fortune, by all means, watch this movie. But if you prefer to spend your time enjoying yourself, forget this dud and watch something else.
- "Oliver and Company"–Another irritating animal movie, Disney yet again takes a great piece of literature–in this case, Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist"–and reduces it to a film about cute and cuddly animals. The main character, an abandoned orange kitten, takes shelter with a gang of dogs and they begin to run amuck in New York City, singing songs and eating hot dogs. Brilliant.
- "James and the Giant Peach"–The classic Roald Dahl novel, "James and the Giant Peach" gets a strange stop animation look in this film. Though the film may look kind of interesting, the plot takes a nose dive as soon as the main character escapes his horrible aunts (the only good part about the film) and rolls around in a peach for the rest of the movie with a bunch of boring insects.
- "The Fox and the Hound"–If you're trying to fall asleep, but nothing helps–put this film on. The basic idea concerns a fox and a hound–two mortal enemies if ever there were ones–who become best friends. Aw, shucks. Didn't see that one coming, Disney. The friends get separated once the fox's owner releases him into the wild, and the ending is anything but happy. Skip it unless you want to go to bed or want to sink into a deep depression.
- "A Bug’s Life"–Yes, yes. Pixar's great. They made "Toy Story," "The Incredibles" and "Wall-E." The world gets it. But this movie has a pretty boring plot, with uninteresting characters performing gross antics. A child may appreciate the film, but if you have a choice to watch this or the similar film, "Antz," choose the latter.
- "Tarzan"–A film about an ape man swinging from vines and learning how to read and write quicker than anyone? Sounds like Disney's at it again. The company made another stinker with "Tarzan," from the annoying ape, Terk, voiced by Rosie O'Donnell, to the amazingly boring main character, Tarzan, himself. This movie seems to go on forever.
- "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"–The film is like a bad copy of both "Titan A.E." and "Stargate: SG1." The characters are one-dimensional and the plot puts you to sleep. For a film centered on such an interesting legend as Atlantis, the supposed empire under the sea, the movie really failed to deliver the goods.
- "Cars"–What on earth made the producers of this film think that the mind of a race car would be an interesting thing to tap into? All of the "cars" in the film, especially Larry the Cable Guy's manifestation, a hill-billy two truck, are stereotypes. And, the plot–a famous celebrity race car finding himself in a small town filled with other annoying cars–is pretty boring. But hey, if you like watching race cars zoom around in a circle for hours on end, you may very well enjoy this film.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."