10 Worst Horror Movies of All Time
Sometimes, like this time, the worst horror movies of all time are the best horror movies. They are so bad that they become quite enjoyable. Sometimes, though, they are so bad... they are unbearable.
- "Plan 9 From Outer Space" One of the most obvious choices, "Plan 9 From Outer Space" is definitely one of the worst horror movies ever. This film had so many mistakes and bad directing/editing, it would literally take hours to list them all. One of the best known fallacies of this movie was when one of its stars, the legendary Bela Lugosi, died during filming, Ed Wood (The director) replaced him with his wife's chiropractor, and had him cover his face with a cape so he wouldn't have to re-shoot.
- "Robot Monster" There were MANY horror movies from the '30s - '50s that used a man in a gorilla costume as the monster. "Robot Monster" changed it up a bit, and gave the monster a helmet. This helps make it stand out as the worst horror movie out of all of those. There is an oft-repeated rumor that this film was so bad that the director, Phil Tucker, attempted to commit suicide. This might not be quite true, but here's to hope. Also, the film was shot in just 4 days, and all outside.
- "Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare (AKA Edge of Hell)" When the hair band The Tritons decide to buy a haunted barn to record albums and party with their girlfriends, all kinds of crazy things start to happen. This movie is so terrible that you won't believe it unless you see it. It's almost as if the director, John Fasano, decided to hire porn stars to play the leads and have the props constructed by a local kindergarten class to save some money. "Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare" is by far one of the worst horror movies.
- "Slugs: The Movie" When you think about slugs, one of the last things you think of is "Oh, crap, they're going to eat me!". "Slugs: The Movie" tries to do the impossible, and pass slugs off as scary. This movie was actually banned in the Australian state of Queensland until the early '90s for some censorship issues, but we're sure it being one of the worst horror movies ever had something to do with it.
- "Redneck Zombies" "Redneck Zombies" is about some rednecks that find a barrel of toxic waste and think it's moonshine. So, they drink it, and, what do you know, they turn into zombies and eat people. This movie can be good if you watch it with friends and make fun of it the entire time, but other than that, it is terrible.
- "Troll 2." Whenever there is a worst horror movies list, it can not be complete without "Troll 2". The good news is that it's so bad it's hilarious.
- "Death Bed: The Bed That Eats" Just its name alone makes it deserve a nod for one of the worst horror movies ever. The premise is hilarious, though. The killer bed is formed because of a demon who kills a chick he was trying to score with. He is so distraught that he cries blood tears all over her bed... thus death bed is born.
- "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2" The first Blair Witch, while not great, was a very solid horror movie. It's sequel? Complete garbage. Don't even waste your time on this unless you want to claw your eyes out.
- "The Suckling" A teenage girl who gets knocked up by her boyfriend, and they go to some back alley abortionist. Little did they know, after the fetus is flushed that all the sewage and toxic waste where it goes would turn it into a murderous monster.
- "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" Everything about this movie is terrible, but for some reason, that makes it a blast to watch. Unfortunately, It has such a terrible plot and story, that we had to include it.
Posted on: Jan. 08, 2010