For those of you who enjoy a terribly cheesy love song, or one that just doesn't make any sense, you'll find these 10 Worst Love Songs of All Time as being the best of thr worst.
"I'm in Love with a Stripper" by T Pain–Stripper or not, what woman wouldn't fall in love with lyrics like, "Ooh (expletive) you got them big (expletive) hips" and "I love all the strippers. . .they know I never pay." And with T Pain's ridiculous auto-tuned voice, any lady will swoon once they hear this ballad of sincere respect and love.
- "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt-Not only are James Blunt's lyrics repetitive and meandering, the actual sound of the song makes you want to plunge your head under water just to cease hearing his insufferably whiny voice.
- "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion-Perhaps the popularity of Titanic was what sunk this song into the annals of the worst love songs of all time. But you can't deny that Celine's whispery voice in the beginning and the strange lyrics that indicate that Celine's talking about a ghost whose come back from the grave really make it an incredibly depressing, and horrible love song.
- "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band-One of the dirtiest, and at the same time cheesiest love songs ever recorded, "Afternoon Delight" has been mocked in both the film, "Anchorman" and the TV show, "Arrested Development" for its absurdity. The song's about making love in the afternoon, and uses several ridiculous double entendres to nail that point home.
- "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden-The Australian duo from the 90s sang this ridiculous song about love that really became grating as it rose to fame in its heyday. The music is boring, the lead singer's voice is irritating and the lyrics try to be poignant, but fail; for instance: "And when the stars are shining brightly in the velvet sky/ I'll make a wish/Send it to heaven/Then make you want to cry…" Pretty confusing, no?
- "I Will Follow Him" by Peggy March-With repetitive lyrics that prove the singer's on her way to a mental asylum if she doesn't stop her intense obsession with the guy she sings about, this song just reeks of creepiness. Would you really want your girlfriend to sing this about you?: "Near him I always must be/ And nothing can keep him from me/He is my destiny." Head for the hills, guy!
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Middler-No one does over-the-top better than Bette Middler. And with this love song/tribute, she doesn't hold back. With lofty metaphors and her typical lounge-style singing, the cheese of this song really sends it flying to the trash bin as one of the worst love songs of all time.
"I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men-The song has nothing interesting about it as the verses and chorus seem to congeal together into one long monotonous tune. The lyrics also seem to indicate that it was written by a bunch of love-starved teenage boys: Girl are you ready, it's gonna be a long night/
Throw your clothes on the floor/I'm gonna take my clothes off too." Ick.
- "I Swear" by All 4 One-The rip-off artists of Boyz II Men, All 4 One made an equally horrendous love song with this hit from the 90s. The chorus provides us an amalgam of annoying, whiny voices that attempt sincerity, but lack any authenticity whatsoever. In summation, the lyrics "I'll build your dreams with these two hands" speak for themselves.
- "People" by Barbra Streisand-Acting as a sort of philosopher, Streisand sings in this love song: "People who need people/Are the luckiest people in the world." Yes, being dependent on other people makes you very lucky; but the people whom you're depending on really aren't so lucky and probably want to get rid of you.