It is hard to decide on the 10 worst NBA players ever because of the vast amount of players there have been in the league. The National Basketball Association (NBA) was started in 1946. There are currently 30 teams in the league. There have been outstanding players in the NBA and players who have not quite cut it. Here are the 10 worst NBA players to ever play.
- Ndudi Ebi was born in London, England in 1984. Ebi was drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2003 with the 26th overall pick. The Timberwolves had high expectations of Ebi and even saw him as the future face of their franchise. However, Ebi lasted one season with the Timberwolves, averaging .8 points per game in 1.9 minutes per game. The last trace of Ebi was in 2008 when he was playing for an Italian basketball team.
- Ed Nealy was drafted in the eight round by the Kansas City Kings in 1982 after playing college ball at Kansas State University. Nealy managed to have a fourteen year career in the NBA. However, he never managed to average more than 4.5 points in any of his fourteen seasons. In fact, in his best season, Nealy averaged twenty minutes per game and 4.4 points per game. In 500 games, Nealy had the lowest number of points of all NBA players.
- Manute Bol was born in Sudan and was drafted by the Washington Bullets with the 31st pick in the NBA Draft. At seven feet seven inches tall, Bol had high expectation when he was drafted by the Bullets. However, his extreme height did not translate on the NBA court. In thirteen season and while playing for four different teams, Bol never averaged higher than 3.7 points per game in a season.
- Chris Washburn was the 3rd overall pick in the 1986 NBA Draft. Washburn is six foot eleven inches. Washburn was one of the players in a class that was considered one of the best in years. Washburn played four years for two teams and never averaged more than 4.1 points per game. Washburn had high expectations after being drafted so high and after four years, he was out of the league for good.
- Darko Milicic was drafted second in the 2003 NBA Draft. More importantly, he was drafted ahead of players such as Dwayne Wade and Carmello Anthony. Darko was a major let down, averaging no more than two points per game in three of his first four seasons. In 2010, Darko was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves and he hopes to save his career there. This season he is averaging 7.6 points per game.
- Scott Hastings was the 29th pick by the New York Knicks in 1982. His career lasted eleven years. Hastings holds the record for most games in a row without a steal in the entire NBA. The streak was 65 games.
- Charles Shackleford was the 32nd pick in the 1988 NBA Draft by the New Jersey Nets. Shackleford played six seasons in the NBA. Shackleford never averaged more than eight points per game in a season.
- Luc Longley was drafted seventh overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves in 1991. After two terrible seasons, Luc was traded to the Chicago Bulls, then Phoenix. However, Luc gained more attention for being stung by a scorpion twice while playing in Phoenix than for his actual play on the court.
- Kwame Brown was the first pick in the 2001 NBA Draft by the Washington Wizards. After three years in Washington, Kwame rejected an extension and moved on to play for the Lakers. Kwame continues to play, now for the Charlotte Bobcats in his ninth season, and is averaging 3 points per game.
- Michael Olowokandi was drafted first in the 1998 NBA Draft by the Clippers. In his last year with the Clippers, Olowokandi suffered a severe knee injury. At that time he was averaging twelve points per game. From then on, he averaged no more than seven points per game. He had a nine year career in the NBA.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…