10 Worst Pickup Lines
Stay away from the 10 worst pickup lines. Pickup lines are not sincere by definition, they are statements made for the sole purpose of entertaining a woman long enough to distract her from the reality that, perhaps, you might have little in common and have even less to offer her. Listed below are 10 of the worst pickup lines imaginable.
- "Hey, do you have Irish (or insert your chosen heritage) in you? Do you want some?" An interesting take on the phenomena in which people tend to think divulging the many countries that their ancestors hail from is of interest to a potential suitor, this line is almost clever, but mostly just dirty and offensive,
- "Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven?" The ridiculous assumption that being compared to a fallen angel is flattering is just one reason why this line is lame. Any pickup line that begins with a question is just setting itself up for disappointment and rolled eyes.
- "Are the cops after you? Because it must be illegal to look that good." As nice as it seems to say that a woman is criminally attractive, the line is just silly.
- "If a beautiful face lights up a room, you must be a sunrise." This line could be seen as romantic, if you find commercials for diamond rings romantic. Comparisons to stars, including the sun, is not going to get anyone anywhere in this universe.
- "Your feet must be exhausted because you have been running through my head all day long." Ah, attempting to use a figurative idea as an amusing literal statement? Not really anyone's cup of tea.
- "If looks could kill, you'd be charged with manslaughter." Although amusing, there is something very creepy and uncomfortable about bringing up manslaughter in a social dating atmosphere.
- "If you were a flower, I would pick you first." If you are in first grade, this line will work and it's totally adorable. If you are old enough to ride a bike without training wheels, skip this one please.
- "Today has been terrible, but my day would be so much better if a pretty girl smiled at me, can you give me a smile?" There is nothing more obnoxious than when someone tells you to smile. If a girl wants to smile at you, believe me, she will.
- "Has anyone ever told you that you look like (insert celebrity here)?" Either the girl really does look like a particular celebrity or you are just trying to flatter her by comparing her to someone that you find attractive. If she does look like that person, she has heard it a dozen times before, so it's unoriginal. If she doesn't look like that person, she may just be irritated with how unobservant you really are.
- "Have you been washing your pants in Windex? Because I can see myself in them." Two reasons why this line is so terrible, the first being that any mention of a specific brand of household cleaner is weird and not sexy, and second reason is that you may get slapped with a sexual harassment suit for being so brazen.
The worst pickup lines are always entertaining but hardly genuine. If you actually want to get anywhere with a girl, make an attempt at sincerity.