10 Worst Rock Album Covers Ever
Some of the 10 worst rock album covers of all time come from the CD era. Even though they don't make those 33 rpm records any longer, bands and artists still find ways to put really bad artwork on their recording projects.
- Neil Young, "Fork in the Road" On it, Young is pictured all blurry, like his drunken buddy took a picture of him. Young is too good, and has been around too long to settle for a rock album cover like that.
- U2, "No Line on the Horizon" Like Young, this great band should know better. This rock album cover is like one of those pieces you see at a modern art museum where you bend your head and ask, "What the hell is it?"
- Charles Manson, "Lie: The Love & Terror Cult" Rumor has it Manson was an aspiring rocker, as well as serial killer, and that he hung out with The Beach Boys. But who wants a mass murderer staring back at him when listening to music?
- Crosby, Stills & Nash, "Live It Up" This rock album cover has got little weenies atop wires on the moon. What's that have to do with a wonderful harmonic trio?
- The Bee Gees, "Life in a Tin Can" The Brothers Gibb are pictured inside a soda can. Sure, the echo may be great down there, but it's also more than a little degrading.
- Menudo, "Mania" They may be holding surfboards on this rock album cover, but come on, they're not The Beach Boys!
- Steel Panther, "Feel the Steel" Why do these guys still think hair metal is cool?
- Kiss, "Sonic Boom" This was one of Kiss' better late albums. But the comic book-like album cover just makes them look lame.
- Brook Hogan, "The Redemption" Hogan can't sing, and this softcore porn album cover doesn't help matters.
- The Flaming Lips, "Embryonic" The Flaming Lips are usually good weird, but this album cover of a girl—emerging from a womb, perhaps?—is just bad weird.
Posted on: Mar. 16, 2010