10 Worst Rock Songs of All Time
It was hard to keep the list of the 10 Worst Rock Songs of All Time to only ten songs. We, as a music listening organisms, have been through some rough times. The world we live in has felt tragedy, and our personal lives have been, at times, tumultuous. Sure, there have been good days, but we have all felt lost, scared, and have had moments where we didn't know how we could possibly move on. Here are some rock songs that didn't help at all with that.
- UB40: "Red, Red Wine" Whether you do or do not believe in hell, you can agree that this is the song that is mostly likely playing there on repeat. The Devil throws on a CD, puts it on shuffle, and every song is this song. You can't take it. Then one day the Devil says, "I remixed that UB40 song to make it even more torturous." Then he puts it on and after a few minutes you both realize that the original version is worse than anything Satan can record. Worst rock song of all time.
- REM: "Shiny Happy People" Collectively, anyone who likes REM or likes music, for that matter, wondered if Michael Stipe and co. were putting on an elaborate joke when they released this terrible song. It turns out it wasn't a joke. With or without knowing it, REM created a song that acted like a seed in many unstable people's heads, causing them to murder other people. Look it up. It's the song people hear in their heads right before they go insane. "Shiny, happy people..."
- Alanis Morissette: "You Oughta' Know" Just in case you haven't been bitched at enough in your life, here's a song for you. It's like having the ex-girlfriend that you never want to see again with you for four minutes whenever you press "play." Oh, wait. You don't want that? Then this is one of the worst rock songs ever.
- Rod Stewart: "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" Rarely do rockers have a single song that you can point to and say without any argument: "Don't listen to anything he made after that." One of the worst rock songs of all time, and the fall of one of rock's heroes.
- Peter Gabriel: "Sledgehammer" Tempted to not even write an explanation. Yep, not going to.
- Limp Bizkit: "My Way or the Highway" You WILL get dumber if you listen to this song. It is filled with so much false, generic rage that you will get mad, but only at whoever was in the recording studio and said, "Great job, guys. I think we got it. Also, there's no way that this is the dumbest song in the world."
- Def Leppard: "Armageddon It" It was actually harder to choose the worst Def Leppard songs than it was choosing the worst rock songs of all time. If you like Def Leppard, we appreciate you for being a hot girl, but also please understand that you are stupid.
- Billie Meyers: "Kiss the Rain" Apologies to anyone who forgot about this terrible song until they read it here.
- Deep Blue Something: "Breakfast at Tiffanies" If you were thinking about re-listening to this song to see if you think it's really one of the worst rock songs of all time, please try to think about something else for a while.
- Beach Boys: "Kokomo" Thanks, Beach Boys. You have ruined some of the most exotic retreats on our Earth for all of us. Thanks to you, we would rather vacation in Pittsburgh than go somewhere where we'll get your horrible song stuck in our heads.