10 Worst Rock Songs Ever
Looking for the 10 worst rock songs ever? Without a doubt, there have been some bad rock songs in the past few decades. However, there is some debate on what the top 10 worst rock songs are. Though there is no way to make an all-inclusive list of bad rock songs, as some people seem to have tastes that favor songs of ill-repute, this list includes some of the worst rated songs in the rock genre.
- “We Built This City” One of the worst rock songs is Starship’s terrible hit, “We Built This City.” Though it was considered a cult-classic in its day, it quickly fell from grace as audiences found the tune annoying.
- “Barbie Girl” Though the song “Barbie Girl” by Aqua is often considered a pop-rock smash, it is often considered one of the most putrid tunes and annoying novelty songs in the rock genre, ever.
- “867-5309” Tommy Tutone’s hit “867-5309” infuriated several individuals that had that exact phone number; however, it frustrated more listeners by simply being an annoying tune.
- “What I Like About You” “What I Like About You” by the Romantics was relatively popular at its release, but like many of the Romantic’s other hits, it quickly fell from grace on the charts.
- “Billy Don’t Be a Hero” “Billy Don’t Be a Hero” by Bo Donaldson seemed to literally infuriate critics of its time by being an annoying take on a classic cliché.
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” Wham’s hit, “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” has a catchy tune that caught the ears of listeners in the '80s, but younger audiences found it to be an outdated song with outdated tunes.
- “Hungry Like the Wolf” Duran Duran’s hit “Hungry Like the Wolf” caused some critical acclaim in its time, but several critics of the mid '90s called it a “simply terrible” song.
- “Cherry Pie” “Cherry Pie” by Warrant was fairly popular until certain family-based organizations caught wind of the lyrics' intended meaning, launching it to the bottom of the charts.
- “Celebration” “Celebration,” the hopping song by Kool and the Gang, became a fairly popular song for parties. However, once newer music moved in with similar motives, the song faded from view.
- “Babe” The hit “Babe” by Styx became popular during its release, but turned out to be one of the band’s worst releases ever.
There are many other songs that could be added to the list, but this list includes some of the lowest rating songs that have ever been recorded.