Looking for the 10 worst songs ever written? There have been many terrible songs written in the history of music. Finding the 10 worst songs ever written may be a difficult task, since there have been so many bad ones. However, this list includes some of the worst songs ever written based on ratings, lyrics and music alike.
- “Posse on Broadway” Sir Mix-a-Lot’s follow-up song fell far short of the hilarious standards set by his previous novelty hit, “Baby Got Back.” The song includes some interesting lyrics as well as an off-set beat with little reason to its rhymes.
- “Lovely Rita” The Beatles seldom had a song that people didn’t rave about, but their song “Lovely Rita” had questionable lyrics and a song beat that was annoying to many listeners who consider it their worst offering.
- “Careless Whisper” “Careless Whisper” by Wham! quickly became one of the band’s most monumental failures in a long history of bad songs.
- “Invisible” “Invisible” by Clay Aiken was played a lot shortly after the pop-star’s rise to fame. However, the lyrics began to frighten listeners, who began calling Aiken a creep.
- “Achy Breaky Heart” “Achy Breaky Heart,” by Billy Ray Cyrus was a hit in the country scene immediately following its release. However, listeners quickly found it to be repetitive and annoying in comparison to some of the other country music coming out at the time.
- “Ebony and Ivory” “Ebony and Ivory” by Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney was considered a surprising failure by the two expert artists. However, many ratings view it as a tragic failure.
- “My Humps” “My Humps” by the Black Eyed Peas caused listeners to question the true motives of the lyrics. People stopped listening to the song because they couldn’t decide whether it was provocative or simply ridiculous.
- “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” by Britney Spears disappointed even the most devout Spears fans because of the trite and ambiguous lyrics. However, it still received a measure of success on the charts despite being one of her worst songs.
- “These Boots Are Made for Walkin'” “These Boots Are Made for Walkin'” by Nancy Sinatra was viewed as an insult to the likes of Frank Sinatra, Nancy’s father, because of the silly lyrics, terrible vocals and basic tune.
- “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” Bryan Adams' worst offering was viewed as one of the most basic stock love songs ever written. Because of its remedial melody and meaningless lyrics, it was viewed as a failure by critics.
Though there are many more songs that could be added to this list, these songs can be considered among the strongest candidates for the top 10 worst songs ever written.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.