Knowing how to remove the windshield wiper arms on a 1994 Pontiac Firebird is one do it yourself task that is easy to learn. Performing this task yourself will save you time, money and the hassle of taking your car to a garage for this simple maintenance task.
To remove windshield wipers on a 1994 Pontiac Firebird, you will need:
- Spray lubricant (such as WD-40)
- Universal wiper arm removal tool (optional)
- Lift the hinged nut cover flap at the base of the wiper arm. Spray lubricant over the nut.
- Lower the nut cover and let the lubricant sit for two to three minutes. This will allow the lubricant to penetrate and loosen the nut so you will not damage the threads when you remove it.
- Lift the nut cover again and using a small wrench, unloosen and remove the nut. Make sure you do not lose the nut because you will need it to tighten the new arm in place.
- Firmly grip the wiper arm near the base and pull straight off the threaded stud. Make sure you are not pulling at an angle because this will damage the threads on the stud arm. If the arm will not come off easily, try spraying with a little more lubricant.
- You can use a universal wiper arm removal tool to pull the arm off if you are having trouble getting the arm off. These little tools are available online and at any auto parts store. They usually cost between three to five dollars.
- Make sure you do not damage the threads on the wiper arm stud.
- Replacing the entire windshield wiper arm assembly on a 1994 Pontiac Firebird is a much more complicated and costly task that usually requires a mechanic's expertise.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?