2000 Lincoln Town Car: How To Change Air Filter
Learning how to change the air filter in your 2000 Lincoln Town Car is fairly easy and should be done at least once every 15,000 miles. This prevents your 2000 Lincoln Town Car's air filter from becoming clogged with dust and dirt, which could degrade performance and gas mileage.
To change the air filter in your 2000 Lincoln Town Car, you will need the following.
- Phillips screwdriver
- Replacement filter
- Locate the filter box. With the engine off, open the hood and find the filter box on the front-driver side of the engine compartment. The box is square and black. It's about the size of a standard DVD player.
- Disconnect the intake hose. Loosen the screw from the clamp attaching the intake hose to the filter box. Pull the intake hose away from the box.
- Open the filter box. Push down the four clamps around the filter box's rim. Lift the top part of the box to open it.
- Remove the old filter. Lift the old filter out of the box. Wipe the bottom part of the box with a slightly damp towel.
- Install the filter. Insert the new filter in the box. Push down the edges of the filter to properly set it into the box.
- Reassemble the filter box. Place the cover back onto the filter box. Push up the four clamps to secure it. Re-attach the intake hose; tighten the clamp screw.
Warning: Never attempt to replace the air filter with the engine running. Never start the engine without the air filter in place, and the box assembled. This can cause major damage to your 2000 Lincoln Town Car's engine.