2000 Western Conference Finals: 5 Highlights
The 2000 NBA Western Conference Finals featured the Los Angeles Lakers against the Portland Trailblazers. The series would go down to the wire as the Lakers would win it in seven games. Here are five highlights from the competitive series.
- Game three was an important game for both teams. With the series tied at one game apiece the Lakers were hoping to steal a game on the road. The game was tight til the end when the Lakers were able to prevail winning 93-91.
- Game four saw the Lakers continue to dominate, with stars Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant leading the way. The Lakers were able to win their second straight, defeating the Trailblazers 103-91. The win gave the Lakers a commanding three games to one lead. Best of all, game five was in Los Angeles.
- In game five, the Trailblazers were not about to give up. Even in the unfriendly confines of the Staples Center, Portland came storming back in game five. Determined to send the series back to Portland, the Trailblazers pulled out all the stops. The result was a 96-88 win. With game six at home it was their chance to apply pressure on the Lakers.
- Game six saw the Trailblazers rally continue. With the home crowd cheering them on the Trailblazers were able to even the series at three games apiece with a 103-93 win. The series would shift back to Los Angeles for the final game.
- Game seven saw one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history. Down by double digits in the fourth quarter, the Lakers were able to stage a miraculous comeback. The Lakers closed out the game with a 15-0 run and took the series with an 89-84 win. The Lakers would move on to meet the Indiana Pacers in the Finals. The Lakers would win the NBA Championship in six games.