2010 Emmy Winners
The 2010 Emmy winners were quite an interesting mix of people. While the audience held their breath for each categories announcement, the crowds response to winners was a mix of absolute shock and some that just held onto their “I told you so” smile. The 2010 Emmy winners are a representation of what Americans are watching on the tube.
- Outstanding Drama Series -“Mad Men” - Most people may not consider picking up a book of historical fiction, but what Mad Men brings to the screen is just that. The show was one of the many 2010 Emmy winners that came as no surprise to most people; especially having received the award the previous year. Follow the path of Don Draper as he navigates his way through the 1960's and the world of advertising.
- Outstanding Comedy Series - “Modern Family” - When it comes to a dysfunctional group of relatives you may find yourself watching “Modern Family” just to make yourself feel better about your own bloodline. 2010 Emmy winners have a wide range of audience appeal and this series is no different. The Dunphy family is followed around by a crew attempting to make a documentary. With the cameras rolling every moment is caught on film.
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston as Walter White in “Breaking Bad” - The story itself has an interesting premise, but it is the intensity that this 2010 Emmy winner brings to the show that really set him apart from the others. With the goal of financially taking care of his family with his upcoming demise in the near future, he makes some serious changes in what he finds important. This includes selling methamphetamine.
- Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series - Kyra Sedgwick as Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson in “The Closer” - Audiences tune in each and ever week to see which criminal will fall to his knees when faced with the task of going up against Johnson. He is quick witted and provides a clear look at the two sides of a powerful female lead. Both her personal and professional life become tangled, but she seems to always keep her eye on the prize.
- Outstanding Reality – Competition Program - “Top Chef” - You won't be able to keep your mouth from watering when you sit down for an episode of “Top Chef.” As one of the 2010 Emmy winners the show, featured on Bravo, pits chefs against one another in a wide range of challenges, some of which at times seem impossible. It has also inspired a few spin offs including “Top Chef: Masters” and “Top Chef: Just Desserts.”
If you have missed out on seeing these 2010 Emmy winners, it is never too late to get in front of the television and get caught up.