2010 Hair Trends
Men's 2010 hair trends were both very modern and retro at the same time. Some styles were borrowed from classic old Hollywood. Others were more modern bed head types, but with more polish than in years past. Whether your hair was full or significantly thinning, there was a look for you among 2010's hair trends.
- Matte Hair: 2010 hair trends demanded you use a matte hair product. No shiny, overly glossy locks for you! Products for 2010 hair included fibers, pomades, and creams, lotions, and balms. Most required just a dime size amount, rubbed into the hair. With such a wide variety of hair product choices, most guys needed expert help to figure out which type to use.
- The Fringe Cut: Bangs, or fringe, were in for 2010 hair. You would get the sides and back short, then have bangs in front, usually coming down to the brows or lower. Bangs were combed to the front, usually with no part. This style worked for straight or curly hair.
- The George Clooney Cut: George's Slick back cut is one of the styles that harkens back to old Hollywood looks. It requires shorter sides, with longer hair on the top. This is one of the 2010 hair trends that required hair product, because you would use some, and then comb your hair straight back from your forehead. The slick back look was best with trim sideburns halfway down the ear.
- The Classic Part Cut: Look at pictures of old movie actors like Carey Grant to see this haircut. You get a classic short around the sides and back cut. Leave length on top to make a pronounced side part. Then comb the top hair across your head.
- Thinning or Balding Those who wanted to follow 2010 hair trends but had thinning hair could still do it. Maybe the slick back Hollywood type hair would only look cool on those with thick hair, but not to worry. Short and textured looks worked for thinning guys. If you were significantly balding in 2010, you likely shaved off your hair completely rather than just having it missing on top.