5 Aerobic Exercise Training Tips
Using these 5 aerobic exercise training tips will help you to get the most out of your workout. The goal of aerobic exercise is to increase the fitness of the heart and lungs.
- Monitor your target heart rate. You can calculate your target heart rate by taking subtracting your age from 220. This is your maximum heart rate. Your target would be 50% to 80% of this figure. You can also do the “talk” test. If you can talk during aerobic exercise you are not working too hard. If you can sing, you aren’t working hard enough.
- Wear proper shoes. Shoes that fit properly and are made to withstand the impact of aerobic exercise will help to protect you from injuries. Making sure that you lace up the shoes properly and replace them as they wear out are equally important aerobic exercise training tips.
- Do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. One of the common aerobic exercise training tips is that you do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day but it can be done in 10 to 15 minutes intervals as long as it adds up to 30 minutes daily.
- Plan for exercise. Planning for aerobic exercise increases the chances that you will meet your goals. Different kinds of aerobic exercise can be selected and put on your calendar to remind you to get your workout done daily.
- Warm up and cool down in every time you exercise. Jog in place, do arm circles, walk, lift your knees. Any of these will help to warm up your muscles.
Posted on: Oct. 30, 2010