5 Allergy-Free Holiday Party Recipes
These 5 allergy-free holiday party recipes are a special treat because they enable those with food allergies to enjoy the same meals that anyone else eats-with minor modifications. Oftentimes individuals with food allergies are forced to shop at expensive stores to buy specialty foods. This can be a problem when hosting a holiday party because it can get very expensive. These allergy-free recipes make it possible to make the same foods specialty stores charge an arm and a leg for, right at home. Gone are the days of sacrificing taste for health these recipes are delicious and some are old favorites like mashed potatoes, and cole slaw which are not only great dishes for holiday parties, but enjoyed by many people. Whether plagued with a food allergy or not, these allergy-free recipes are a treat for all.
Allergy-Free Beef Stroganoff
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin tips
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons rice milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat grape seed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef tips and red onion.
- Sauté until meat is evenly browned. This should take three to four minutes. The meat should still be pink in the middle.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook for one to two minutes. Reduce heat to low
- Whisk the beef broth, cornstarch, and salt together and add to the beef.
- Simmer until sauce thickens. This should take five minutes.
- Add rice milk and mustard.
- Stir and remove from heat.
Allergy-Free Grilled Fresh Fruit
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and sliced into spears 1 to 2 inches wide
- 1/2 peach , stone removed
- 1/2 apricots , stone removed
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, sliced in wedges
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes, unsweetened
- fresh lime juice
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Rub grill grate with oil to keep fruit from sticking.
- Grill fruit for three minutes. Fruit should be heated through and caramelized grill marks should be visible
- Top with a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Allergy-Free Pudding Cake
- 3/4 cup wheat free all-purpose flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, xanthan gum, sugar, 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder and baking powder in bowl.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour batter in glass baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a separate bowl.
- Add the boiling water. Mix well.
- Pour over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allergy-Free Mashed Potatoes
- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and add the broth, rice milk and olive oil.
- Mash until light and fluffy.
Allergy-Free Apple Coleslaw
- 16 ounce package of shredded cole slaw mix
- 3 cups diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/3 cup seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup plain soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine shredded cole slaw mix, apple and raisins in a large bowl.
- Mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour yogurt mixture over cole slaw mixture. Mixture should be stirred very well to fully coat