5 American Food Holidays Recipes
If you are American or just enjoy American food, here are 5 American food holiday recipes you will love. Just reading these recipes will put you in the mood to cook and treat your family to a delicious dinner. These recipes are enjoyed during the holidays, but they can also be enjoyed any time of the year.
Let this turkey be the main dish for your American holidays.
- 1 turkey-sized oven bag
- 1 (10 lb.) turkey
- 3 stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 2 large yellow onion, quartered
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. salad oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place oven bag in a roasting pan. Spray the inside of the bag with cooking spray. Line bag with onions and celery.
- Remove the giblets and neck from turkey. Wash turkey thoroughly. Rub salad oil onto the skin and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey in the prepared oven bag. Close the oven bag .
- Cut slits in the top of the bag to vent. Roast turkey for about two hours or until thermometer measures 165 degrees.
No American holiday is complete without some good old fashion fried chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 cups flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Cut chicken into pieces and clean chicken thoroughly.
- Pour in the two cups of flour into a large bowl. Place four pieces of chicken onto the flour and sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper. Roll chicken over and sprinkle the other side with salt and pepper. Roll chicken around in the flour until it is fully covered.
- In a large skillet, add vegetable oil. When oil is hot, place four pieces of chicken in the skillet and allow it to cook for about five to ten minutes or until it starts to appear golden. Flip chicken over and allow the other side to cook.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat steps four to nine until all the chicken is cooked.
This is one American food holiday recipe that everyone is sure to love.
- 2 lbs. potatoes
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup butter
- Salt and pepper
- Bring salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Peel potatoes. Boil potatoes for about twenty minutes or until tender. Drain water and mash potatoes with spoon.
- Simmer the potatoes and remaining ingredients on low heat for about five minutes. Check your seasoning.
Macaroni and Cheese
This American food holiday recipe is a favorite among children and adults.
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Add elbow macaroni into a pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain macaroni and place back on stove under low heat.
- Add cheese into pot. Pour in milk and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper and allow food to continue to simmer for about five minutes. Check seasoning.
Corn on the Cob
This is a quick and easy American food holiday recipe.
- 4 ears of corn
- Remove husks and silk. Wash the corn.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Place the corn inside and cover. Boil for fifteen minutes or until done.
- Remove and allow to cool. Sprinkle with salt and rub with butter.