5 Appetizer Holiday Recipes
For the holidays, you will need 5 appetizer holiday recipes and in all honesty, the simpler; the better. There is no need in spending a lot of time on appetizers when you will more than likely be in the kitchen for hours cooking your main course. Here are five simple and quick appetizer recipes that will fit with any meal.
1. Deli Rolls
- One Package of tortillas; any brand and flavor.
- One package of cream cheese.
- An array of different deli meats.
- Take a tortilla and lay flat.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese evenly over the entire tortilla.
- Pick a deli meat and place on top of cream cheese.
- Roll the tortilla tightly into a roll.
- Slice the tortilla into thin slices.
- Chill until you are ready to serve.
2. Salmon Dip Bread Bowl
- One bread bowl. This can be purchased at most delis.
- One seven ounce package of smoked salmon. This can be found in the canned meats section at most grocery stores.
- One large container of cream cheese.
- One tablespoon of dill spice.
- One half cup of milk.
- Cut the top off the bread bowl and gut the inside in order to fill with the dip.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients until you have a smooth dip.
- Spoon the dip into the bread bowl.
- This can be served immediately or chilled.
3. Crock pot Jelly Meatballs
- One package of plain meatballs.
- One container of grape jelly.
- One jar of Chile sauce.
- Turn the crock pot on desired setting.
- Combine the meatballs, grape jelly, and Chile sauce in your crock pot.
- Cook until the sauce is thick and the meatballs are cooked thoroughly.
- Leave setting on warm until ready to serve.
4. Easy and Delicious Guacamole Dip
- Three ripe avocados.
- One tomato.
- One clove of garlic.
- Two teaspoons of cumin spice.
- One teaspoon of lemon juice.
- One handful of cilantro.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pit and gut the avocados and place in a mixing bowl.
- With a fork, mash the avocados until creamy.
- Dice tomato and add to your avocados.
- Thinly chop and dice garlic and add to the mixture.
- Thinly chop cilantro and add to the mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
- If you need to make this ahead of time, take the pits from the avocados and place in guacamole. This is said to slow the oxidization rate and prolong the browning process.
5. Fancy Caprise Sandwiches
- One bag of toasted baguettes.
- One package of mini mozzarella balls.
- One small package of fresh bagels.
- One package of cherry tomatoes.
- Lay out toasted baguettes on a decorative platter.
- Take a toothpick and slide a piece of mozzarella cheese to the end.
- Add a cherry tomato to the toothpick.
- Top with a basil leaf.
- Gently place the full toothpick in the center of the baguette.
- Serve immediately, or can be set aside until ready.
These five holiday appetizer recipes will impress your friends and family and are extremely simple and quick to throw together, without looking like the every day hors d'oeuvres. All you need is twenty to thirty minutes for any of them, leaving you more time to spend on your main course and entertaining!