5 Appetizer Receipes For Thanksgiving
These 5 appetizer recipes for Thanksgiving will keep your crew happy through the game until it is time to feast. Thanksgiving is celebrated every November in the United States. Traditional events include a large meal with family and friends, and, an afternoon of watching football on television.
1. Thanksgiving Day Football Cheeseball
Cheering for your favorite team requires a lot of work an appetizer keeps everybody happy until the end of the game.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small can green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix the all ingredients except pecans and olives in a food processor. After the mixture is well blended, add the olives pulse until they are in chunks.
- Shape the mixture into ball. Roll ball in chopped pecans. Wrap in plastic, chill four hours in refrigerator.
- Serve with crackers.
- This recipe can be doubled. It can also be frozen to serve later.
2. Georgia Pecan Cheddar Snacks
November is Georgia Pecan month. So what could be better than to celebrate Thanksgiving with pecans from Georgia.
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon biscuit baking mix
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Cheddar shredded
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour, biscuit mix, cayenne, and garlic salt.
- Stir in butter until crumbly. Add cheese and egg.
- Mix well. Stir in cereal and nuts.
- Shape into 1-1/2 in. balls using ice cream scoop; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 18-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until balls are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
3. Gold-Fishy Nuts and Bolts
This is a variation on an old favorite. You can also use peanuts instead of pecans, or any other nuts for that matter.
- 1 pound chopped Pecans
- 1 pound peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups wheat square cereal
- 6 1/2 ounces rice squares cereal
- 10 1/2 ounces crunchy oat cereal
- 6 ounces fish shaped crackers
- 6 ounces slim pretzels
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon non-salt seasoning (example: Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9x13" baking dishes.
- Combine dry ingredients in prepared baking dish.
- Put in plastic zipper bag and shake, and spread out evenly in dish, save the bag.
- In medium bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned non-salt seasoning, and celery salt.
- Mix together, pour mixture over dry ingredients. Place mixture into the two prepared baking dishes.
- Bake for one and a half to two hours, or until crispy, stirring with wooden spoon every fifteen minutes.
- Before serving, return mixture to bag and shake again.
4. Candy Coated Georgia Pecans
These taste just like the candy-coated pecans in the mall. Surprise your family with this homemade version of a mall classic.
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Spray wax paper with cooking spray.
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Add vanilla and brown sugar. Stir until blended thoroughly.
- Add pecans, stir until coated.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately ten to fifteen minutes.
- Put pecans in zippered bag with granulated sugar and cinnamon and shake vigorously. Return to cookie sheet and bake until no longer shiny (about five minutes).
5. Celery Sticks stuffed with Cream Cheese and Walnuts
Most Thanksgiving Meals are heavy and stay with you for some time. This is a light, refreshing appetizer to start a Thanksgiving Meal.
- 16 celery stalks, washed and cut in 3 sections
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- Combine cream cheese, olives, walnuts and garlic in bowl
- Mix well until mixture is smooth but firm
- With spoon add mix in the center of celery. Smoothen with knife
- Refrigerate one hour