These five Appetizer recipes for St. Patrick’s Day offer the opportunity to capitalize on all the elements thought of for this occasion: corned beef, potatoes and anything green. These recipes for St. Patrick’s Day appetizers are sure to be crowd pleasers, no matter what age group you serving.
Mini reuben sliders
To make Mini Rueben Sliders you will need:
- 2 loaves mini rye bread
- 1 lb. thinly shaved corned beef
- 10 oz. jar sauerkraut
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 bottle Thousand Island dressing
- Lay out half of the slices from on a platter. Divide corned beef amongst the bread slices.
- Ladle one teaspoon sauerkraut onto each sandwich. Add one teaspoon Thousand Island dressing to each sandwich
- Use one slice Swiss cheese sandwich. Open the second sleeve of rye bread and use one piece to complete the sandwich.
- Bake these on a cookie sheet in the oven for ten minutes. Or, you can lightly brown them in a buttered frying pan.
- Cover or wrap in foil to keep warm until ready to serve.
St. Patrick’s Day nachos
To make St. Patrick’s Day nachos you will need:
- 2 bags frozen waffle cut fries
- 1/2 lb. shredded, cooked corned beef or cooked, chopped bacon
- 3 to 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 16 oz. sour cream
- Prepare two packages of waffle fries according the package directions. Cook them until crisp.
- Next, set the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle the nachos with 1/2 pound of shredded corned beef or cooked, chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Return to the oven for five to seven minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven. Top with dollops of sour cream and chopped green onions.
- You might want to serve guacamole on the side for added “green” appeal.
Emerald Isle Dip
To make Emerald Isle dip you will need:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 oz. finely chopped corned beef,
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 lb. loaf sourdough or rye bread, round
- Wax paper
- Cut up vegetables or crackers of choice
- Mix first seven ingredients together. Refrigerate overnight.
- Trace a large shamrock on wax paper and use it to cut out the top of a one-pound round loaf of sourdough or rye bread. Remove the paper and hollow out the loaf, leaving a half-inch shell.
- Cube the removed bread. Place on tray with vegetables or crackers.
- Spoon the dip into bread shell. Sprinkle with one tablespoon dill. Serve with tray of appetizers.
Dyed deviled eggs
To make dyed deviled eggs you will need:
- 6 eggs
- Green food coloring
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of paprika
- Boil six eggs as usual for hard boiled eggs. Let cool. Remove shells. Use food coloring and dye the eggs green.
- Let the eggs sit for a few minutes, then slice in half and remove the yolks. The outside of the whites will green and the insides, white.
- Mix the yolks with mayonnaise, dry ground mustard, white vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon or pipe back into egg halves. Sprinkle with dash of paprika.
To make St. Patrick's Day green popcorn you will need:
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Green food coloring
- Place popped popcorn in a large roasting pan. Keep it warm in a 250 degree oven.
- In a large saucepan, combine next six ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly until candy thermometer reads 260 degrees. Remove from heat.
Add butter. Stir until melted.
- Stir in eight to ten drops of food coloring.
- Drizzle over warm popcorn and toss to mix thoroughly. Cool, break into pieces and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.