What better way to celebrate summer than with 5 appetizers for summer picnic. Since the weather is sultry during the day and balmy at night make sure you pack your appetizers so they stay cold, or in one case, hot. Don't worry. You won't work up a sweat making these goodies.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Egg salad
- Mini bagels
- Fresh dill, scallions
- Smoked salmon
- Lemon juice, lime juice
- Fresh fruit junks
- Plain Yogurt
- Hot sauce
- Mini hot dogs
- Spicy BBQ sauce
- Clear plastic glasses
- Shredded lettuce
- Refried beans
- Shredded cheese
- Corn chips
- Stuff cherry tomatoes with a mixture of half cottage cheese and half parmesan cheese. That's the first of five appetizers for a summer picnic and you've got to admit it was easy. If you think it was too easy, garnish each tomato with a basil leaf.
- Make egg salad gone gourmet. Purchase pre-made egg salad. Buy mini bagels. Add 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, 2 ounces of finely chopped smoked salmon, 4 chopped scallions, white and light green part only, 1 Tbsp of capers and 1 tsp of lemon juice to every cup of egg salad. Mix well and spread on bagels. Two down and three to go to get to 5 appetizers for a summer picnic.
- Fruit kabobs with spicy lime yogurt is low in calories and fat and big on taste. Thread fruit chunks on a skewer. Mix one cup of yogurt with 1 Tbls fresh lime juice and 1/4 to 1 tsp of hot sauce. The sweet fruit contrasts with the spice of the hot sauce and the creaminess of the yogurt for the third of five appetizers.
- Mini hot dogs are sure to be a hit and couldn't be easier to prepare. Heat miniature hot dogs in a store bought spicy barbecue sauce. Carry to the picnic in a wide mouthed thermos. Make sure you bring some toothpicks to serve the dogs with.
- Upside down and inside out tacos are unusual and look like they took hours to prepare. Use clear plastic glasses, one for each person. Layer in shredded lettuce, cold refried beans and purchased guacamole. Top with store-bought salsa and a sprinkling of cheese. Serve with corn chips. And that's the last of the appetizers for summer picnic.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.