Like any electronic device, the Apple iPod can become frozen or stop working; these 5 Apple iPod troubleshooting tips should help with many of the minor fits and starts that can stop it from working on a daily basis. If the device becomes corrupted or the battery is dead, repairs may need to be made. Otherwise, these 5 Apple iPod troubleshooting tips should fix most minor inconveniences:
- Plug Back into Computer – Whether you connect by USB or Firewire, this first of our 5 Apple iPod troubleshooting tips should be your first action. Connecting to the computer should open iTunes and allow you to restore your software. It may also sync your iPod and cause it to begin functioning again immediately.
- Turn the iPod Off - This should be your second step, which is why it is second on our list of Apple iPod troubleshooting tips. For an iPod with a click wheel, hold down the menu button and the center button until the iPod turns off. Continue holding and it will generally restart as good as new.
- Recharge the Battery – If your computer does not recognize your iPod, this is often because the battery is too low. Allow it to drain, then recharge fully using an external power source. Recharging the battery is an essential and often helpful Apple iPod troubleshooting tip.
- Restore Software – If your iPod is not repaired by any of the above, performing a software restore may be necessary. This can be done while the iPod is connected to your computer, with iTunes open. Highlight your iPod in the menu to the left and a restore button should appear in the main iTunes window. This may take some time. You may also need to re-upload music to the iPod following a software restore.
- Keep Software Updated – The final item on our list of Apple iPod troubleshooting tips is preventative. Always make sure your software is updated. This can be accomplished by keeping your device connected to your computer when not in use. If you are connected to the internet, software updates should pop up when using iTunes. Follow the instructions to keep your iPod running smoothly.
Hopefully these Apple iPod troubleshooting tips have been helpful. If these tips do not work, it is recommended to contact Apple for repairs, especially if under warranty.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …