5 Arm Exercises With Weights
These 5 arms exercises with weights will help you transform your arms according to your weight training goals. Whether you are using dumbbells or barbells, these arms exercises can be easily implemented in your training sessions. Take the following arms exercises into account for your strength training needs.
- Incline Biceps Curl. This variation of the well-known curl will help isolate your biceps. It is effective for working on the peak of the biceps as well. Use this with either a barbell or dumbbell, though the latter may be more convenient.
- Triceps Bench Press. This little-known exercise is a great way to vary your workout routine. If you are tired of the normal triceps extension-based exercises for the triceps, try this one out.
- Barbell Wrist Curl. Wrist curls are effective for the forearms and can be used with either dumbbells or barbells. Barbell wrist curls are a great way to expedite your forearm time, which is not at a premium for most weightlifters. Try this to simplify your routine.
- Lateral Raise. The lateral raise is performed just as it sounds while standing up. This exercise targets primarily the shoulders, though the triceps are not out of sight during this exercise. This is a tough exercise when the weight is right.
- Preacher Curl. The preacher curl is a favorite of many weightlifters. Similar to the incline biceps curl, the preacher curl is good for targeting the bicep and working on the peak of the muscle. Mix this up with barbells or dumbbells for a great one-two workout for the biceps.