If you want to sculpt strong arms, learn about these five arm exercises without weights. You don’t need a gym or a machine to build great looking arms, all you really need is yourself. For the best results from the following arm exercises, do at least a 10-minute cardio warm-up followed by some light stretching. Do the following exercises without weights two to four times a week and you will be on your way to strong arms.
1. Triangle Push-up. Place hands under your chest with finger facing pointing toward each other so that they are forming a triangle. Slowly lower yourself down to the floor by bending your elbow. This exercise works your back and your triceps. Do two or three sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
2. Swan Push-up. The Swan push up is an arms exercise that also targets your deltoids and chest. Get into a traditional push-up position and then bring your arms our to your sides as far as you feel comfortable. Proceed as you would with a traditional push-up. Do ten of these arm exercises and repeat two or three times.
3. Crab Dips. This best arm exercises can be done with or without a bench or other piece of furniture. If you do not have access to a bench or furniture, get into a reverse push-up position (like you are doing a “crab walk”). Lower your arms until your butt is just a few inches away from the floor. You can bend your knees or walk your legs out in front of you. Do 10 to twenty dips. Do one or two sets.
4. Frog Sit. Place your hands on the ground so that your fingers are facing forward. Squat down with your knees so that they are turned out with a 90 degree angle. Shift your weight to the balls of your feet. Lean forward so that your your thighs are on top of your elbows. For a modified position, you can rest your head on the ground. Hold this position for 10 seconds. Repeat two or three times.
5. Downward dog push-up. Start this arm exercise by assuming the downward dog yoga position. If you are not familiar with yoga, put your hands on the ground, with your legs straight so that your body is forming a triangle-like shape. Point your feet and fingers forward. Now slide back and forth from a push-up position to a down-ward dog position. Do this arm exercise 10 to twenty times. Do two to three repetitions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.