5 Asthma Herbal Remedies
Here are 5 asthma herbal remedies. Asthma is a breathing condition that affects many people. An asthma attack can be frightening and dangerous. If conventional western remedies stop working, it may be time to consider some herbal asthma treatments. If you do try using herbal remedies, please make sure to tell your primary doctor, so they know what you're taking.
- Vitamin C. Most people think of Vitamin as a natural way to combat the common cold. Asthma is often characterized by inflamed airways. Taking Vitamin C is a natural way to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Orange juice, along with oranges and lemons are great ways to add Vitamin C to your diet.
- Boswellia. This herb is often used in Ayurvedic treatments to counteract the mechanism that causes the airway to constrict. If you want to use Boswellia as an herbal treatment for asthma, trying finding it in a store that sells Indian foods and herbs.
- Figs. Some asthma sufferers seek a way to reduce the phlegm in their bodies. Eating figs regularly is an easy natural way to reduce how much phlegm your body produces.
- Licorice Root. If you're a tea drinker, then licorice root teas might be your herbal asthma remedy of choice. Many health food stores stock licorice root tea. regularly drinking this tea decreases asthma symptoms. However, over-consumption can lead to kidney failure.
- Garlic. It's available in almost every grocery store, and as scientists study garlic they continue to discover more benefits. Eating raw garlic on a daily basis is an herbal remedy for asthma that many people swear by. It is cheaper than medication, and also fights the common cold and heart disease.
No matter which of these herbal and natural remedies you try to treat asthma, make sure that you communicate with your doctor. You don't want to take something that will interfere with your other prescription medications.