When it is hot and muggy, it is nice to make a meal of awesome summer appetizers. These appetizers are easy and quick to make. Enjoy these five summer appetizers and before you know it, you will be creating your own recipes. Seasonal fruit and vegetables make summer appetizers even more tasty.
Spicy Tuna With Red Onion Summer Appetizers
- 1 can of water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Slices of whole wheat bread or pumpernickel
- Drain the water from the tuna. Put the tuna in a small mixing bowl.
- Measure the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper and add it to the tuna. Mix well with a spoon or fork. Cut the red onion, remove the skin and dice finely.
- Add the onion to the tuna mixture and mix well. Slice the tomato and put aside. Add when making the sandwich.
- Chill the tuna in the refrigerator for an hour. Serve on whole wheat or pumpernickel bread.
Easy Sausage and Mushrooms Saute
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced finely
- 1 package of mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 package hot sausage links sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Peel the garlic and put through garlic press or chop fine.
- Peel and dice the onions and put aside in a bowl. Rinse the mushrooms, slice thinly and add to the bowl.
- In large frying pan over medium heat add two tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic, onions and mushrooms let them cook for about five minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the hot sausage links and add to the pan with the rest of the vegetables. Add the lemon juice and heat for another ten to fifteen minutes, reducing the heat. Make sure sausage is cooked.
- Put the hot mixture on a platter, sprinkle with chopped parsley and eat.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad Summer Appetizer
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes washed and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Peel the cucumber and cut into thin slices. Put in bowl or container. Wash and cut the tomatoes, dice finely and add to cucumber.
- Wash and dice the fresh basil and add to the mixture. Add a quarter cup of white or red onion. Mix with two tablespoons olive oil and one tablespoon honey. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Serve in small bowls.
Beef Skewers With Red and Green Sliced Peppers
- 1 lb. London broil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- Cut the London broil diagonally into one quarter inch slices. Place the strips in a Ziploc plastic bag.
- Cut the peppers and remove the seeds. Cut peppers into thin strips and place in the bag with the meat. Combine the olive oil, soy sauce and chili garlic paste and pour into bag over meat and sliced peppers. Leave in sealed bag in the refrigerator for two hours or more.
- Follow package directions to use six inch wooden skewers. Thread beef and peppers evenly on skewers and place on baking sheet. Broil under the broiler five minutes on each side. Serve with white rice.
Sizzling Summer Strawberry and Kiwi Salad
- 1 basket fresh strawberries
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- Wash and remove the tops of the strawberries. Slice thinly and put in a bowl. Peel the kiwi and cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine with sliced strawberries and add the lemon or lime juice. Chill in the refrigerator at least one hour. Serve with whipped cream.
Enjoy these five sizzling summer appetizers during your next party or barbecue!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.