5 Awkward Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend
The top five awkward questions to ask your girlfriend may make you very uncomfortable now. But the fact is, they are all need-to-know facts that can indicate whether or not you and your girlfriend are a match. Nothing is worse than finding out well into a relationship, once the honeymoon stage fades, that you and your girlfriend don’t really agree on anything. Take a look at a few of the following suggestions for awkward questions you should ask your girlfriend. Doing it just may keep you from getting in too deep with the wrong person.
- Is she religious? Questions about religion are downright hard to ask in the beginning of a relationship. Defensiveness and even arguments often follow. But if you are an atheist and your girlfriend is a devout Christian, the relationship probably isn’t going to work out. It’s an awkward question to start a conversation with, for sure. But at least somewhat aligning with your girlfriend in terms of faith is pretty much essential.
- What are her views on politics? People on opposite sides of the political divide may be able to make things work for awhile. Fundamental disagreements about social and fiscal matters, however, can cause a pretty serious rift between you and your girlfriend. Test the waters by talking about a specific event or two before you go all in with the awkward question itself. If it leads to a knock-down drag-out verbal brawl, consider it a red flag.
- Does she have any family issues? You may be infatuated with your girlfriend, but if her family is off the wall, there is bound to be some undue stress put on the relationship sooner or later. A downright crazy relative often has the uncanny ability to squeeze between you and your girlfriend with time. It’s best to be prepared for it right off the bat.
- Does she want kids? This awkward question really won’t be all that awkward if you and your girlfriend agree on the matter. If not, it will be uncomfortable to the extreme, especially if you two are serious. Get this question over with early by asking it in a playful, conversational way during the getting-to-know-you phase of the relationship.
- Where is this going? So you think you’re falling in love with your girlfriend, and you want to know if she feels the same way. With the added pressure you put on yourself because of emotion, this question might feel about as awkward as it gets. It still beats the pain of the alternative. Ask it soon after the feelings start coming to avoid an agonizing wait.