5 Back Massaging Tips
If you want to give someone a good back massage then you need 5 back massaging tips. Back massages can relieve stress and help people relax. Utilize these back massaging tips and you will give great massages.
- Make sure you know what you’re doing. If you already know how to give a back massage then you’re fine. If you don’t then watch a few online videos on proper back massaging techniques. Even if you only pick up a few pointers you will give a better massage.
- Know why you’re giving the back massage. If you are giving a back massage to work out a kink or loosen up a muscle there are different methods and techniques you will use that you would not need if you are just giving a massage for relaxation.
- Use oil or lotion when giving the back massage. There are warming oils and lotions that are specifically for massages. Using oil or lotion will help you move smoothly across the back. Be sure to put it in your hands first; don’t pour it directly onto their back. Once you have rubbed the oil or lotion in feel free to apply more, but don’t apply too much or it will become messy.
- Move slowly and gently. Moving slowly across the back will make the massage feel better and it helps you find trouble spots. If you are moving slowly across a painful area then the person you are massaging can tell you when you hit a rough spot. If you rub fast and rough you might cause pain. Remember, use a firm but gentle touch.
- Keep your hands on their back. If you are giving a back massage then keep your hands on their back at all times. Don’t wander to other areas of the body; don’t even get close to private areas. You risk making the person you are massaging uncomfortable and you never want to put someone in an uncomfortable position.
Posted on: Jul. 16, 2010